• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diplomacy - NEW SPOT OPEN FOR RUSSIA - Fall 1902 (Building Phase)

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Diplomacy
Game: http://phpdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=9290
Pass: thataintfalco

"Diplomacy is a board game that looks something like Risk at first glance.

In Diplomacy each player gives their units orders simultaneously, and they are resolved at the same time. Orders are secret until revealed, and the majority of the strategy lies in making deals with other players. Each unit is equally powerful and there is no luck involved.

A deep strategical battle based on unit placement and yomi.

You think knowing the mind of one opponent is difficult, how about six?"

-----------------​
Rules:
Just read this if you are unsure of the total compendium of rules.
http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/Diplomacy_Rulebook.pdf

-----------------​

-----------------​

1. Grunt - Germany
2. Tomato Cat - Russia
3. UP FOR GRABS - England
4. Marshy - France
5. Handorin - Austria
6. Vulcan55 - Turkey
7. Mr.Lombardi34 - Italy

If you have any questions about the rules that you really can't find in the rulebook, just ask me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thank you for restoring my faith in Decisive Games.
once one game is successfully played, there will be more played. just gotta get the ball rolling.

i'll see if i can't get McCloud to play with us. He plays diplo fairly often.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
BUMP

McCloud said he is not interested in playing games at SWF anymore, so we are out one possible player. However, he did recommend to make the game easier on the game moderator that we could run the game via phpDiplo: http://phpdiplomacy.net/

It automatically updates the map to reflect the turns you make when you login and make actions via java, and if you are inactive for the whole turn round it just skips your turn. This way, even Vulcan (game mod) could play with us. We would make it a private game with a password required to join, so it would just be SWF players from this thread. Game mod could distribute game # and password via role PM or this thread.

Interested?

I would really love to see Diplomacy added to the list of games that the DG plays on a regular basis. It is a great game.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Awesome.
I'll definitely get one started.
...And write myself down for players.

EDIT: You can only go 72 hours max per phase.
I don't know if you guys want to play that quickly.

nvm. 72 was more than I thought it was.

EDIT2: You can only play the original variant of the game, it seems.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, its absolutely up to you. I'm absolutely not experienced enough in Diplo to be able to recommend original variant or Milan variant, but whichever is best is best. :)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well, I have never played diplomacy before, and I have just recently read about the rules. I would love to play, although I'm not too sure if I know the details of playing yet. I understand the general gameplay, I'm just a little unsure about how supply centers and building/retreating works. I might need some explanations, but I have played Risk before and am fairly confident that I will get the hang of it soon enough.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, I have never played diplomacy before, and I have just recently read about the rules. I would love to play, although I'm not too sure if I know the details of playing yet. I understand the general gameplay, I'm just a little unsure about how supply centers and building/retreating works. I might need some explanations, but I have played Risk before and am fairly confident that I will get the hang of it soon enough.
I ditto this.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Cool. Alright then.

Expect to start tomorrow (no guarantees)

Each year is broken into two turns. Fall and Spring. Each year starts with Fall 1901.
The next turn would then be Spring 1901. each turn, you can talk to whoever you like, and by the end of that phase, submit orders that tell your units where to move and whatnot. Each turn, one of your pieces may be bumped out of a country it was holding in. You may either choose to retreat to a different country (neutral or one you own) or disband (destroy) it. Destroying it lets you build an extra unit after Spring.

At the end of each Spring (every two turns), any supply centers you are occupying, you gain. For example, if France moves A mar-spa in the fall, then moves A spa-por in Spring, he only gets por as a supply center.
Also, each two turns, you can build more fleets or armies in your supply centers. You can only have armies and fleets equal to the numbers of supply centers you own.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Okay. I don't know if phpdip automatically assigns random countries or not.
So just in case, I've randomly assigned countries via RNG

Austria: Grunt
England: Handorin
France: Tomato Cat
Germany: Mr.Lombardi34
Hungary: junglefever6478
Italy: Marshy
Russia: Vulcan55

Once you all have a phpdip account I'll start.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm TomSWF at phpdiplo, signed up a few weeks ago. Once we get some names in here Vulcan can make the passworded game and link to it and we can join. If you are able to choose a country upon joining the game, choose the country you've been assigned in the thread!

Vive la France!

Grunt

Smash Master
T3hGrun7 on phpdiplo.
...Every time i see phpdiplo, i think it says something about a dildo.

anyways, **** austria, ****ing *****.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What happened to this? Vulcan, are you going to set up a phpdiplo map for us?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Awesome. Everyone sign up and we can get goin.

THAT AINT FALCO lol

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
You guys only have 3.6 hours left, and some of you haven't logged on since Sat/Sun.
If you need more time, at least log on to type /pause in the Global tab. If you see a /pause in the global tab, please add your own. Everyone needs to /Pause to actually pause the game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
we dont need to pause, do we? i mean if people are just going to ignore the game then inactivity should be punished :laugh: the turns are already set to very slow

Top Bottom