• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dins Fire

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I tried searching but apparently there is no thread dedicated just to dins fire..

The basics.. it does 8 damage at short range, 16 at full range.
The hitbox size doubles at full range as well..

All of that aside.. can you in any way control the direction of it's knockback?
It seems like no matter what part of the fire or explosion I hit people with, they always get shot away in the exact same direction.

Also are there any sweet spots for the move on timing?
I noticed at the end of dins travel path.. it stops moving for a bit.

I tried to time it so that I would release the special button at various points during this travel pause but my tests were brief and I didn't get anything out of it.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I don't believe you can change the direction of the knockback, but you can slightly change the distance of it. If you hit the back of someone who is facing you with Din's Fire, they won't go as far as if you hit them right in the face or in the middle of their body.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe you can change the direction of the knockback, but you can slightly change the distance of it. If you hit the back of someone who is facing you with Din's Fire, they won't go as far as if you hit them right in the face or in the middle of their body.
Are you sure thats a location thing, and not just because the din's is traveling further if you let it go behind them instead?

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
In Melee, if you cast Din's Fire behind an opponent they will get slightly pushed towards you depending on the % they have. Also, if you cast it in front of the opponent they will get knocked backwards.

Now, doesn't this occur in Brawl too? If not, then that kinda sucks :p

S2

Smash Lord
Knockback is always up. Depending on where you hit it, there might be a little left/right movement, but nothing that a little DI isn't going to negate (it's not like you can true combo off of Din's)

I have had a few strange circumstances. I've killed Wario on his bike horizontally with Din's. Dunno what's going on there, whether the bike breaking forces him at that trajectory, or if he's technically hitting the bike and bouncing (probably the former). I never sat down to test it, so I dunno.

Yeah, Din's gains power/knockback the longer you channel it. I think there's like 1 sentence about it in the Zelda guide. Maybe I'll bold it or something, people keep missing it so I probably stuck it in somewhere that's counter-intuitive.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, if you cast Din's Fire behind an opponent they will get slightly pushed towards you depending on the % they have. Also, if you cast it in front of the opponent they will get knocked backwards.

Now, doesn't this occur in Brawl too? If not, then that kinda sucks :p
Could be.. I never played melee so I wasn't sure what to look for.
I had tested a little bit on Dins fire, but not at different % and by what you're saying it sounds like that may have been where i missed it.

Does anyone know more specific info?

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Ok I've learned more.
It's possible to use dins fire to bounce your opponent toward you, off the stage, and too their death, if they're hanging from the ledge w/o invincibility.

Top Bottom