• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dins fire spamming :(

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Can any of you zelda players out there please tell me how some of your friends are handling dins fire spams because i havent found a way to stop this madness once it starts. The zelda i play with constantly dins fire spam and anytime i get near he spams spot dodges and forward smashes. Now I dont mean to toot my own horn but in melee I was pretty good I won most tournaments I went to and I used to totally annihilate this person but now with the new and improved zelda theres nothing i can do.

any advice would be nice <(-^.^-)>

Arean

Smash Ace
Air dodging with good timing helps you evade dins fire, make sure that you time it right before you land or else your opponents can smash you around.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you used Pit, Shoot an arrow while Zelda is controlling her Din's Fire. His mirror shield will repel Din's fire if it explodes in front of you. Dodge them accoringly, fight casual, and you should be able to beat her. If you knock her off the stage, you might want to pursue her and use F-air or B-air when necessary.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
ty for the advice admiral but im a ganondorf player hes my one and only. and ive tried the air dodging but it never seems to stop the 3-4 spot dodges to rolls and forward smashes its like the noob way of playing was made 10X better lol.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
ty for the advice admiral but im a ganondorf player hes my one and only.
Lol, enjoy the din's fire buffet then. A half blind ******** monkey could hit an aggressive (and against a zoning zelda, you'll have to be) Ganondorf with din's fire.

Edit: Actual suggestion: Dash shield and/or jump entry and air dodge them.

Eten

Smash Ace
Aerial attacks can cancel out the Din's Fire explosion too. That's what my friend's luigi does to stop Din's Fire Juggling instead of air dodging. And if all they do is spotdodge roll and fsmash they should be so predictable that you could punish them. You have to be playing too predictable yourself if that's all that is being done to hit you.

Eaode

Smash Champion
This was a problem for me too, but it's really all about airdodging and shielding as you approach. And the only way he should be able to roll and fsmash you all the time is if you're being very predictable, try thinking about what he's going to do next instead of just flat out attacking

Top Bottom