• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire should be like how it is in PM.

HeaISIot68

Smash Rookie
In PM Din's Fire stays for a few second if it doesn't hit anyone, acting like a wall/trap. After a few seconds, it comes back to her and hits anyone in its path. It would really help her zone + bait and punish play style. She is placed in low tier by majority of people so its not like she wouldn't deserve the buff. Din's Fire is only good for edgeguarding, not great in neutral and horrible in disadvantage. It should have a function in neutral. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Din's Fire stays for a few second if it doesn't hit anyone, acting like a wall/trap. After a few seconds, it comes back to her and hits anyone in its path
This would be a fantastic buff.

:ultzelda: most needed buff is to have her F-air be consistently useful. In my mind this would be at around 85% damage and knock-back of Palutena's F-air 95% of the time and 5% of the time it would be the weakest of her strong F-airs . Also a move speed buff would be greatly appreciated.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
That sounds like it would overlap with Phantom Knight and create redundancy. I think the current iteration is probably best among all that I've played and I don't see any other versions working well in Ultimate.

I've been playing with Din's Fire in neutral for a while and I don't think it is that bad in certain contexts. It can help fill in certain gaps in her neutral, like if the opponent has really good jumps. She can basically force options after a Phantom puts the opponent in the air and lead to certain landing traps or a more advantageous position.

I don't have a good flowchart yet, but the biggest advantage is how quickly she can act out of it. I think this has potential to lead to a lot of interesting situations with a little creativity. I find a quick Din's Fire in certain situations can throw my opponent for a loop and put me in a better position.

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I think Dins should just be faster that's all it needs. Because if it were faster Zelda could act out of it quicker, allowing for an extra trap option. Its other weakness (clanking) wouldn't matter as much because Zelda could just respond shortly after the move was cast. Really if Zelda could act out of it faster I'd say Dins is set.

Top Bottom