• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire destroys the camera.

KrobbleGoo

Smash Rookie
I don't even play Zelda. My main sparring partner does. I hate this characters over b. Not because it's combo potential, but because it zooms out the camera. I digress though. I came here to ask for tips as fox against zelda. What do i have to look out for and what can i exploit? I have a hard time edgeguarding and usually resort to up air and up smash kills. I know to avoid getting hit with up smash because, being a fast faller, it sets in motion a string of getting juggled. What is the bets way for me to re enter against her?

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I don't even play Zelda. My main sparring partner does. I hate this characters over b. Not because it's combo potential, but because it zooms out the camera. I digress though. I came here to ask for tips as fox against zelda. What do i have to look out for and what can i exploit? I have a hard time edgeguarding and usually resort to up air and up smash kills. I know to avoid getting hit with up smash because, being a fast faller, it sets in motion a string of getting juggled. What is the bets way for me to re enter against her?
The camera problem has actually already been fixed and will be sent out in the next patch.

It sounds like you're playing the MU right. If you can't get a shine spike for an edgeguard, just punish the endlag when she lands after teleport. As far as how to approach, do the same damn thing you do against everyone else, but bait a little bit more. Run in, WD back, do a few fakes, etc. You need to bait her into committing to a move, then you can do whatever the hell you feel like, because you're Fox

4tlas

Smash Lord
THIS^

Camera will be fixed in patch. As for how to Fox vs Zelda, do the same thing as you would against anyone else. If they camp, run and gun. If they approach/space, dash in and out until they do a move then hit them quickly (shine, nair, grab, upsmash, w/e). If she's recovering, grab the ledge just before she reappears than hop on stage and do as you please.

Things NOT to do include charging into battle assuming your quick moves will beat out hers. If you move predictably you are dead.

KrobbleGoo

Smash Rookie
Alright, so just stay unpredictable. I generally just wait for the overcommitment. However, her dash attacks demolish me.

4tlas

Smash Lord
It is very easy to do an oos option when she dash attacks. If you have a decent reaction time, you can dash dance until her only approach option is dash attack, then quickly shield it. Her dash attack SUCKS on shield.

Top Bottom