• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I was surprised to find there is no support thread for him considering he is apparently a little popular. Oh well, if we are getting any more Fire Emblem, it would be a shame for it to be anyone else. Discuss.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Probably because most sided with Edelgard. Dimitri is my favourite of the three lords and I would love to see him in smash, although I will be fine with Byleth or Edelgard also. I support

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Imo, he has the potential to bring more to the table than Edelgard mainly on the basis of his weapon choice, because tbh, with the way Smash is designed, it's hard to make an axe feel different from a sword. I also find him to be more...realizable as a fighter than Claude, since I can't really wrap my head around how they could possibly make a bow work as a fighter's main weapon.

The way I see it, Byleth is Dimitri's only real competition as a FE newcomer at this point, but sword fatigue may yet work against them.

Still, beyond sword fatigue, there is Fire Emblen fatigue within the community as well and that is always a bad thing. I definitely don't see Dimitri coming with Fighter Pass 1, that's for sure. Still, if it wasn't some strange fever dream, which is always possible, I remember seeing Dimitri being number 8 on a Nintendo character popularity poll, for what that's worth.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Imo, he has the potential to bring more to the table than Edelgard mainly on the basis of his weapon choice, because tbh, with the way Smash is designed, it's hard to make an axe feel different from a sword. I also find him to be more...realizable as a fighter than Claude, since I can't really wrap my head around how they could possibly make a bow work as a fighter's main weapon.

The way I see it, Byleth is Dimitri's only real competition as a FE newcomer at this point, but sword fatigue may yet work against them.

Still, beyond sword fatigue, there is Fire Emblen fatigue within the community as well and that is always a bad thing. I definitely don't see Dimitri coming with Fighter Pass 1, that's for sure. Still, if it wasn't some strange fever dream, which is always possible, I remember seeing Dimitri being number 8 on a Nintendo character popularity poll, for what that's worth.
I am confident that at least in japan dimitri is the favoirite lord. Is almost sure that we are goong to have a three houses character for the next dlc for the lack of spirits from the game. But you are right, the problem is the number of other fe characters similar to each other.

Dimitri is more like an ike, but even more agressive, he could do the tornado attack, throw his lance and get it back for a range attack. Also his agresive animations will be the most charming from the three lords, so it will not be a bland anime character.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I am confident that at least in japan dimitri is the favoirite lord. Is almost sure that we are goong to have a three houses character for the next dlc for the lack of spirits from the game. But you are right, the problem is the number of other fe characters similar to each other.

Dimitri is more like an ike, but even more agressive, he could do the tornado attack, throw his lance and get it back for a range attack. Also his agresive animations will be the most charming from the three lords, so it will not be a bland anime character.
No spirits from 3H? This bodes well for Dimitri, or rather representation for the game in general but also Dimitri. And I did some minor research, turns out he's won like 3 or 4 popularity polls for Three Houses, as well as (turns out it wasn't a fever dream!) ranking 8th most popular Nintendo character of 2019. Of course, all of this is far too recent for it to matter regarding his potential inclusion should he be on the first fighter pass, but then again, Sakurai does seem to often have a sixth sense when it comes to popularity and such things.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
No spirits from 3H? This bodes well for Dimitri, or rather representation for the game in general but also Dimitri. And I did some minor research, turns out he's won like 3 or 4 popularity polls for Three Houses, as well as (turns out it wasn't a fever dream!) ranking 8th most popular Nintendo character of 2019. Of course, all of this is far too recent for it to matter regarding his potential inclusion should he be on the first fighter pass, but then again, Sakurai does seem to often have a sixth sense when it comes to popularity and such things.
Yeah, however he could decide the character by the popularity of the characters befpre the game released. So Edelgard is a strong possibility despite now being the least popular lord in japan.

Byleth also has the adavantage of being the main chracter and a ton of moveset potential. Whipsword, divine pulse, magic, etc.

Claude is less likely than Dimitri I think, he is in the middle of the three lords, although he is alos extremely popular and cokld have a fun moveset with his wybern and bow.

However I still think Dimitri is likely, the lance and his personality could be great for a fun character. They could even have his post time skip design, and include him as a villian, so then fire emblem could finally have a villian rep.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Personally, I'm very much hoping for his post timeskip appearance to be the default look, but even just having it as a costume would be good enough for me. Feels like it has more personality to it, and in general he feels like a darker character at that point, which is not something often explored in Smash. Looks like it's just a waiting game for now.
Still...I have to wonder why he was the only one of the four main characters of Three Houses without a thread here until now. I guess by the time people realized they liked him most, they had already given up on a new Fire Emblem character in Smash. I have to admit, 8 characters is quite a lot, but I think Fire Emblem, and Dimitri especially, deserve it.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I'm very much hoping for his post timeskip appearance to be the default look, but even just having it as a costume would be good enough for me. Feels like it has more personality to it, and in general he feels like a darker character at that point, which is not something often explored in Smash. Looks like it's just a waiting game for now.
Still...I have to wonder why he was the only one of the four main characters of Three Houses without a thread here until now. I guess by the time people realized they liked him most, they had already given up on a new Fire Emblem character in Smash. I have to admit, 8 characters is quite a lot, but I think Fire Emblem, and Dimitri especially, deserve it.
I think FE is probably the worst franchise represented in the game. Despite having so many chatacters 4 are very similar to each other, 3 are from only one game, two are echoes, and only use one weapon form the arsenal of differente weapons that the saga has, where are the axes, lances, bows, dragon stones, daggers, even magic is not represnted totally because of the mix in robin's kit.

We really need a Fe character with unique mives and weapins, so people will know that the franchise is much more than anime sword characters.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I think FE is probably the worst franchise represented in the game. Despite having so many chatacters 4 are very similar to each other, 3 are from only one game, two are echoes, and only use one weapon form the arsenal of differente weapons that the saga has, where are the axes, lances, bows, dragon stones, daggers, even magic is not represnted totally because of the mix in robin's kit.

We really need a Fe character with unique mives and weapins, so people will know that the franchise is much more than anime sword characters.
And with bows and dragonstones being likely far too difficult to realize as a fighter's primary weapon, and daggers being...well...not used by main characters like ever AND magic already being partially represented, I'd say it's down to a race between Edelgard with her axe and Dimitri with his lance. Or Byleth if they want to go the boring route just to avoid "alienating" people who prefer one route over the other haha...

Fire Emblem is more than just anime swordfighters, they have anime lancefighters as well!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Nintendo Dream January 2020 poll indicates that Dimitri is Japan's fourth favorite Nintendo character of all time. This is big! Seeing as input from western smash fans does not matter when it comes to a Fire Emblem newcomer, Dimitri essentially has a complete monopoly as far as Fire Emblem newcomers go. I daresay his only competition is Byleth. Blue Lions the world over should have faith!

Top Bottom