• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 7- January 11th - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

Ok so now that I'm most likely going, I'd like to know a serious assembly of DFW's players during crews
also I'm going to bring my wii with pm, when the venue dies down a bit I'll be up for playing pm with whoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Ok so now that I'm most likely going, I'd like to know a serious assembly of DFW's players during crews
also I'm going to bring my wii with pm, when the venue dies down a bit I'll be up for playing pm with whoever.
I was just about to tell people that; we need some PM setups.

D

Deleted member

Thoraxe, Gabe, Penguin, Zach, JesusFreak and MimicMew should be on DFW Crews.

Good replacements would be Hamlin and or Untamed Beast.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Hey Gabe, payouts are still TBD in the OP!

Yes. That's when FX (The venue) opens.
Pretty sure I asked this about DIME 5, but I forgot that it's because FX isn't even open before then. :p

Btw, is your TV + My GC and Melee still happening despite your later arrival time?

loool maybe in the future. I'm not "good" (yet).

D

Deleted member

@ W WaterlessFishie
Feel free to go ahead and set up all the CRTs with my power strip. Just give it back to me before I leave.

Btw, is your TV + My GC and Melee still happening despite your later arrival time?
I wasn't planning on bringing it but I guess I can if you want me too.

At the last DIME we boiled over until 9pm even though we had tons of set ups. As much as I love P:M please just bring a Melee set up. The venue isn't going to die down.

Everyone, even if you can't bring a full melee set up at least bring what you can. A CRT TV, your copy of Melee, a gamecube or Wii, etc. If you can bring power stips or even tables PLEASE bring those too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Bluezaft, Sethlon, Drew, Tai, Gabe, Cameron, me, and John would prolly be my top 8. You, Hamlin, Jesi, Denthorn, Poot, and Boomstick are all possibilities though depending on how deep this runs and attendance and whatnot

Although Bluezaft could have gotten rusty af idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and I don't think Sethlon is going because he's scared of Austin or something (that's right I said it where you at Sethlon) so prolly replace him with you in that lineup

D

Deleted member

I've been practicing all of today and for whatever reason my movement hasn't rusted at all so I think I might not john as much tomorrow
also I can't john about being 13 anymore :(

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
John is going to ETFC and if I had to guess I would say Denthorn will be as well. I may not even be allowed to enter the crew battle but we'll see.

Hyped for tomorrow it's gonna be sweet.

D

Deleted member

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, can't wait to meet you all and play with some old friends.

CF Hype

D

Deleted member

I thought you weren't going. :o
I am actually going now I guess, so hyped!
Yeah, I got a last minute ride from a relative.

Also, I can't wait to see that Ali vs Zach MM. It's either going to be mad johns from Ali for losing 2-0, or mad hype if Ali ends up beating Zach.

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Yeah, I got a last minute ride from a relative.

Also, I can't wait to see that Ali vs Zach MM. It's either going to be mad johns from Ali for losing 2-0, or mad hype if Ali ends up beating Zach.
Nice, I got a last minute ride from a friend c;
Lol, we should do Luigi ditto's even though I don't play that much Luigi after getting into Ness :/

hamyojo

Smash Ace

<3
Oh duh, I forgot. You don't live in DFW, haha.

Alright then, I nominate Drew.
:c

If they've got a marth that needs a stock or two taken off of 'em I got it. I was doing really well against Bluezaft today. I'm feelin' good against spacies, Falcon, and Puff too. :yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:

Okay so I think that we should all stand around the venue perfectly still looking either north, east, south, or west, and wait for people to walk in to our isles. Once they do we make them freeze in place as we walk towards them and challenge them to a MM and say we made eye contact. Eye contact=MM. pls add rule
aka
:yoshimelee::yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi64:MM me bor:yoshi::yoshi2::yoshi::yoshi2::yoshi::yeahboi::yoshi::yoshi2::yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I'll teach the other marths all of my secret yoshi mu knowledge hamlin
The days of yoshi are no more (did they even begin in the first place?)

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I'll teach the other marths all of my secret yoshi mu knowledge hamlin
The days of yoshi are no more (did they even begin in the first place?)
The days of Yoshi start in 20XXX, and last until 20XXXXXXXX.
Hamlin if I can beat you then an actually good marth can definitely beat you.
I wasn't evolved
I lost my eggs
Meteor made me SD
*screeches*
I was meat bagging

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Hurray for attendance, including last-minute rides. Also, ARC IS going to be there? Great Marth.

Aaand do you guys think Lv. 7 CPUs and a couple of casuals on flat screens make for good practice? If so, I might just... make it into the bracket. :3

Get hyped.

Last edited:

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Okay so I think that we should all stand around the venue perfectly still looking either north, east, south, or west, and wait for people to walk in to our isles. Once they do we make them freeze in place as we walk towards them and challenge them to a MM and say we made eye contact. Eye contact=MM. pls add rule
aka
:yoshimelee::yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi64:MM me bor:yoshi::yoshi2::yoshi::yoshi2::yoshi::yeahboi::yoshi::yoshi2::yoshi:
The cancer...

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
aka
"Yo, you can't jam out if you're a Pokemon trainer!"

leapinghare

Smash Cadet
Poot & Boomstick reppin the HERBIVORES/SADBOYS

I'm trying to get back into that stanky ass Melee scene. Need much training...

PM me if you in the Arlington area.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Thanks guys for my first tournament experience, especially you Fishy

Man things sure were planned bigger than expected!I learned a lot from everyone, like that I suck haha
I'm half-kidding

#TheHypeWasReal

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
HYPE
TOO HYPED TO WAIT FOR RESULTS THREAD

I wish I had made it out of pools this time, but I still did a little bit better than last time (with no good--play-practice between this and DIME 5)!
Stuff -=Untamed-Beast=- is happy about:
-Whoever the Peach is that I teamed my Marth with against those Foxes, we rule. Perhaps no one knew those were my first legitimate teams matches. Ever.
-Crushing a couple of people in friends, having close matches with others, and getting bodied by a few more. All a lot of fun!
-I ESCAPED WOBBLING AND BARELY WON ON MY LAST STOCK OF THE MATCH WHILE DOWN 0-1 AND THEN TOOK THE SET IN POOLS. The hype. The intensity. Pool 1, you were there. Apparently, it exhausted my brain. :p
-Meeting Wobbles, and playing a set with him. (Marth v. G&W, if you're reading this)
-Did I mention friendlies?

To escape Wobbling, wiggle the control stick and the C-Stick rapidly while holding the controller behind your head.

GGs everyone.

Smith_

Smash Rookie
HYPE
TOO HYPED TO WAIT FOR RESULTS THREAD

I wish I had made it out of pools this time, but I still did a little bit better than last time (with no good--play-practice between this and DIME 5)!
Stuff -=Untamed-Beast=- is happy about:
-Whoever the Peach is that I teamed my Marth with against those Foxes, we rule. Perhaps no one knew those were my first legitimate teams matches. Ever.
-Crushing a couple of people in friends, having close matches with others, and getting bodied by a few more. All a lot of fun!
-I ESCAPED WOBBLING AND BARELY WON ON MY LAST STOCK OF THE MATCH WHILE DOWN 0-1 AND THEN TOOK THE SET IN POOLS. The hype. The intensity. Pool 1, you were there. Apparently, it exhausted my brain. :p
-Meeting Wobbles, and playing a set with him. (Marth v. G&W, if you're reading this)
-Did I mention friendlies?

To escape Wobbling, wiggle the control stick and the C-Stick rapidly while holding the controller behind your head.

GGs everyone.
yo pool 1! Also my first tournament (you must have been that guy who played whose first tournament it was!)
I have found that the best remedy to wobbling is being peach and slamming your c stick down a lot

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
*Goes to Melee tournament, about 70 people there*
*Once venue settles down, Aliami sets up PM*
*We do a Ness ditto, best out of 3, us being Ness mains*
*In the second round, I kill him and lightly press up-taunt*
*Does the Fuzzy Pickle taunt, screen flashes from the picture effect thingy of the taunt*
*Quickly pauses to zoom in and out and accidentally takes a picture*
*Everyone laughs and starts "OOOH"-ing*
*The hype is here once PM is here*
*PM Ness is love*
*PM Ness is life*
gg

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
yo pool 1! Also my first tournament (you must have been that guy who played whose first tournament it was!)
I have found that the best remedy to wobbling is being peach and slamming your c stick down a lot
Tis actually my second tournament (1 -> DIME 5). I don't know who else used Marth, in case you're thinking of someone else. IamWEB.

Top Bottom