• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 6 - December 7th, 2013 - Plano, TX

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 6
Melee Singles & Doubles

When: Saturday December 7th, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX 75075

Schedule: 11:00 am Arrive/ registration
12:00 pm Doubles begins
3:00 pm Singles begins
Schedule is tentative so feel free to contact me if you're worried about making singles or w/e; my phone number is at the bottom.

BRING SETUPS!!! THEY'RE IMPORTANT. If you can even only bring your copy of Melee, do that. The venue has a lot of cubes we can use but not that many copies of melee. If you can bring a full set up, great, but I may or may not use it.

Entry Fee: Singles: $5
Teams: $5 per player, $10 per team
Venue: $5
$3 if you bring a set up that is used.

Pay Outs: 1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Events with 10 or less entrants will have a 70/30 payout instead.

Rules:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)

General:
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes: A lot of kids come through the venue on a Saturday. Don't yell curse words in the store (including ****).
Show up on time. If you need to contact me cause you'll be late, my number is: 972-693-4339
Again, bring some set ups. Uhh i guess I'll edit this if I think of anything else

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Some people think that Yoshi not being able to jump out of his shield is funny

You will not be ready

D

Deleted member

This may or may not be my last Melee tournament, depending on how well I do. I have a certain character up my sleeve I've been working on a little bit that I might end up pulling out in tournament.
Hope to see ya all there, and I hope I go out with a BANG.

Also Scotch, if we don't team I'm going to get Lemmy.​
MOONSIDERS HYPE!!

Oakdude

Smash Rookie
I've never gone to a tourney before, but this sounds pretty awesome. I'll try to make it out there!

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990

PUFF DITTOS $$MM$$?

MM ME PUFF DITTO ME. I've been working on my rolling and my rolling with Puff. I think I am pro enough.

But seriously, I have been trying out some Puff here and there.

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
I've been waiting for this thread to be posted. This time I am actually playing more Melee. :luigimelee: is my second main, and I can wobble (Barely, it's a long story).

D

Deleted member

Penguin chill with the butthurt over P:M
Can we please have one thread where there isn't any arguments, we just post a thread, go to the tournament, say ggs, and then wait for the next one?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I agree with that. Btw, Arc told me he wants to go to this so it looks like we will be there. Housing would be appreciated (Jesi? :D <3 ) but not necessary if it's asking too much. I'm down for puff dittos too btw <3

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I think I know what the people want

Gabe, we need a second bracket pronto. Puff-only side event, 50$ entry in to single-elim bracket with 10 minute time, three stocks, and the only stage being Kongo Jungle 64

D

Deleted member

****, I haven't been to a Melee tournament in awhile haha.

Well, what a perfect time than any to pull out my Luigi, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Please Ali stop talking before this gets any worse >____>

D

Deleted member

Ali can you please think before you speak? Melees system is completely fluent and isn't the same followup for every situation, P:M and Melee both require a thought process and punishment by adapting to different things
That said can you please at least try not make the P:M players look like we're actually that fraudulent? We don't need our representation to be you >______________>

D

Deleted member

Melees system is completely fluent and isn't the same followup for every situation, P:M and Melee both require a thought process and punishment by adapting to different things
JIGGLYPUFF: UP-THROW ---> REST
FOX: UP-THROW ---> UPAIR
FALCON: DOWN-THROW ---> KNEE
MARTH: UAIR ---> FAIR ---> DAIR
MORE MARTH: Hit Offstage with nearly any hitbox and you don't want to Dair? Edge Guard with Side-Smash.

Nearly every character has guaranteed combos. It's predictable and there is a follow up for nearly everything.
At least in P:M you get more options and a more unpredictable scenarios due to the slight offset of the physics and tech timings as well as buffs/nerfs per character.
******** stuff like spamming peach bomber and rising pound to gain height or stall a match don't work anymore. Fox's Wall infinities are gone in P:M too. Etc, etc.

It's hard for me to take likeness to something for so long after noticing all the small imperfections. I'm like this with a lot of things, such as my artwork and stuff I draw. I've shredded a lot of stuff I've made back in the day just people I've noticed the little imperfections. Eventually I'll be the same way about P:M once It's finalized. I know I'm just a complainy ***** but little details aggravate me, it's just who the hell I am I guess.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I know more about Melee than anyone else here, trust me, I've been playing Pichu for years, and I can beat every kid in my neighborhood in timed matches.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Hey, I know more about Melee than anyone else here, trust me, I've been playing Pichu for years, and I can beat every kid in my neighborhood in timed matches.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I feel you. It's tough being as pro as us pros are, me being a Kirby player. I practice my rolling, time match strats, when to pick up certain items at certain times, etc. every day. Only if these scrubs would understand.

D

Deleted member

I feel you. It's tough being as pro as us pros are, me being a Kirby player. I practice my rolling, time match strats, when to pick up certain items at certain times, etc. every day. Only if these scrubs would understand.
Your pokeballs and hammers are too much for me dude, I quit.
Are you going to win APEX again this year?

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Your pokeballs and hammers are too much for me dude, I quit.
Are you going to win APEX again this year?

I am all about them Pokeballs. Once I score a Goldeen you are screwed. Just wait for me to pull one on you before I JV 5 stock you in pools.
Yeah, I'm just getting tired of going every year. I keep getting invited to wreck them scrubs.

D

Deleted member

I am all about them Pokeballs. Once I score a Goldeen you are screwed. Just wait for me to pull one on you before I JV 5 stock you in pools.
Yeah, I'm just getting tired of going every year. I keep getting invited to wreck them scrubs.
GOLDEEN!?!? NOOOOOOOOO
I hope to god you don't get something worse like Mew :O
Staup ur 2 ooouuhhpeee
plz have mercy lulz

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
GOLDEEN!?!? NOOOOOOOOO
I hope to god you don't get something worse like Mew :O
Staup ur 2 ooouuhhpeee
plz have mercy lulz

Lolno. I will dash attack you to death as Kirby after sending out a Goldeen. It's my best strat so far, I've been working on it for days.
It's not op if it's in the game, geez! Stupid scrubs. A pro like me doesn't have time to talk to such a scrubby scrub. Work on your rolling and your Pokeball and fan strats before talking to me. :cool:

D

Deleted member

please. stop. every single thread in dfw is **** because of you people...

you know who im talking about
Yeah, it feels good to know that I'm ruining a community's reputation. Well, sorry for being burden, I'll quit my thread tomfoolery.

Also, I have no idea if your addressing me, or just Ali, or whomever, but honestly, if I'm bothering you that badly by making jokes on threads, then I'll stop haha.

Top Bottom