• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

diing falco's upthrow

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
So i'm curious what determines what direction they go when you throw them up..err to be specific..i heard that computers don't di..so a lvl 1 should always get thrown the same direction...but the laser seems to sometmies knock them forwards and sometimes backwards..so i'm curious if there is any rhyme or reason to it..someone said i should use a bair to follow up if they don't di the upthrow.

So do I do a running forward full jump bair if the laser bounces them forward and a full jump bair in place with di towards my back if tehy get bounced behind me by the laser?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Acualy, I think lvl 1 computers always walk towards you, so their DI is always behind you. Start chaingrabbing a Fox or a Falco with Marth, and you'll notice that, after the first throw (where he's standing still in front of you), they always, always DI behind you.

This is probably similar to what happens with Falco's uthrow too.

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
CPs do DI sometimes (it also depends on their level)

What I like to do, if they don't DI:
at low%: aerial shine to pillaring combo (or if they started to DI now laser or bair) or shffled nair
mid%: shffled uair to something...
mid/high%: fulljump dair to techchase or some mindgame, or bair to edgeguard

Btw. I'm a PAL player and I think Falco's u-throw is a little different in the PAL version (the knockback may also differ just because of the opponent's different weight). In PAL, if they don't DI they will always fly forwards a little bit just in range for something. And DI also seems to work different with some characters against this move.
I'm not sure about NTSC... If their knockback direction changes because of the lasers, without the input of DI, I guess it depends on their %.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
oh ok..so i'm guessing they do DI..but i play the NTSC vs...

so i don't know if those combos will work..i'll go try them now on marth

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
well , dairs followed from throws are not true combos of course..but it seems to work with no di..as well as the bairs that someone suggested i try...i'm guessing if they di away it won't work

Top Bottom