• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difficult

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I have the most difficult time successfully l-canceling G&W's moves. I can l-cancel with all of the other characters easily, but not G&W.

Does he have a smaller l-cancel frame time (requiring the depression of L to be closer to the ground than other characters)?

I need some help here, because G&W is my secondary, and not being able to consistently l-cancel his moves slows me down. A LOT.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You really should have checked the other GaW threads for this....

His up-air, back-air, and neutral air CANNOT be l-canceled.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
You really should have checked the other GaW threads for this....

His up-air, back-air, and neutral air CANNOT be l-canceled.
Wow, I thought it was just his upair, well, that definitely helps me.

And l-canceling just seems harder with G&W than other characters.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
yes its pretty tuff to HIT people and l cancel with GW, i didnt know it was a the time frame for his L cancel though thansk alot :)

its correct that nuetral B air and U air cant be canceled, youll have to develop a keen sense of timeing to cancel these

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Err Nair i was pretty positive could deff be L-canceled.. am i wasting L button presses that could better be used to itch my face :)

No i'm almost positive Nair could be L-canceled

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Err Nair i was pretty positive could deff be L-canceled.. am i wasting L button presses that could better be used to itch my face :)

No i'm almost positive Nair could be L-canceled
It can be. It's a must in order to get a good time on his BTT. The difference is small, and the window to LC it is later than any other of his aerials, but it is possible.

Top Bottom