• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different sort of grab combo.

pixcalcis

Smash Cadet
Ok so in my frustration of trying to the foward throw, grab forward throw chain throw, I got fed up and just started going crazy on the grab button. I think i discovered something that can be very useful. Grab with either Ice Climber. Then push the grab button as fast as you can. I use the classic controller and it is the A button for me and very easy to tap rapidly. The ICe climber you grab with (lets say Popo) will hit your opponent constantly while Nana will make a constant grabbing motion. Now move SLOWLY(atleast until you get it down because you dont want them to do a throw) forward until you have the free IC standing in the same spot as your grabbed opponent or maybe even a little behind him. Continue going crazy on the grab button. (i found the faster i hit it, obviously the faster they hit and grab but also the less likely the shield will come up). The character will break out, and if you have your other IC spaced right they will immediately grab the person. Granted the position of the free IC must be modified slightly for each different character but I ve gotten it to work on every COMPUTER i have tried. One of my friends is going to try and get out of it tomorrow. The only way i can think you u can get out is if you do a jump escape. Unfortuantely, the computer rarely does this so i havent had a chance to test if it works or if it does is there a way to counter it. This takes precise spacing, but the timing doesnt really matter because you are grabbing like crazy. Thus I have found it far easier than the combo aforementioned. Also you can keep this going across the stage and then do a back throw into a Nana grab ( i dont have much trouble with that one) and go back across the stage. I have yet to see this on youtube or on here but if is known by you guys that human players can get out of this with ease let me know so i wont waste my time tomorrow trying to see who i can get it to work on against a person instead of a CPU. I will post back with any findings if no one has any other info concerning this as well as try to get a video up so you can visualize it better, if i find out it will work.

pixcalcis

Smash Cadet
I am slightly more convinced now that you can possibly jump out of it, however I am still not sure. Also, im sure the side throw into a grab combo may have more utility and definitely looks cooler but this also COULD help out those of us having difficulites with that throw. Even if this doesnt work in gameplay, just practicing this has improved my forward throw into a grab combo timing and spacing as when i accidently throw them i manage to catch them most of the time. Before i would always do grab and go way past the opponent when trying to regrab them EVERY SINGLE TIME. Now i do that alot less. Again any feedback from someone who has maybe tried this would be appreciated..and if it turns out not to work if they jump escape, it should atleast help you with the foward throw grab combo.

pixcalcis

Smash Cadet
eeh so you can jump out of it with ease? oh well it has indeed helped me with the forward throw grab combo tremendously so it was more than useful in that regard.

Top Bottom