• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different shaped c4s?

TaXiBoY)

Smash Rookie
I had snake stick a c4 on Zamus from behind, and the charge wasnt your standard block but a black butterfly! And not only that, it always sticks on her butt for some reason. Anyone tried this before? Some people in an IRC channel told me that there's 2 more c4 shapes but they wouldn't tell me how to make them appear. Anyone know anything about this?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
When I realized it, I tested it out a few times and I got a Butterfly, a Black Box, aka normal C4 lol, and a box made out of clay. I think it happens randomly, but I'm not quite sure. Anyways, next time you have a simple question like this, may as well just post it in the Snake discussion thread. :p

Crushed

Smash Apprentice

Ha ha, the butterfly is from MGS3.

See, what happens is:
After Naked Snake/Big Boss is tortured, loses his eye, and escapes from a fortress, he meets up with a female spy named EVA. While he's recovering and eating around a fire, the two see a butterfly fluttering around. Snake looks up at it and decides to test his now-impaired depth perception by grabbing at it. He misses. Depressed, he slowly feels his new eyepatch, while EVA tries to cheer him up.

The next morning, she gives Snake some C3 (a predecessor to C4) so that he can blow up the hangar that the Shagohod is stored in. As a cute token, she molds a piece of C3 into a heart.

Later, when you plant the final charge of C3, it'll show a cutscene of Snake stopping for a second to look at the heart-shaped C3 instead of sticking it onto the detonator. He molds it into the shape of a butterfly, like the one that he couldn't grab. He throws it up into the air and dramatically catches it and slaps it onto the detonator.

"Gotcha this time."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C3bGN46NE_o

:psycho:

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear references. Wow, I didn't think they'd be this generous, but yeah, apparently Samus represents Eva?

Top Bottom