• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different Character Hit-Boxes

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
I had an idea for a mechanic, although i dont know if it would completely work.
But basically the idea is, a punch to the face or the body hurts alot more than a punch to the leg or arm.

So the idea is that characters different body parts would get hit differently.
For example, getting hit in the body has the most knockback, but getting hit in the face does the most damage.

Thoughts?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
This idea would make the game way more complicated than it has to be. It would still be cool though. What about moves like grabs?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
That would be a neat idea. To answer the question about sferoid characters like Pacman, Bubbles, Kirby and Jigglypuff, they would simply stick in the middle of knockback and damage.

Groose

Smash Champion
This would certainly be interesting. If you were to add characters like King Hippo (who can only be hit in the stomach) it would create even more strategy.

I think the characters themselves and the hitboxes that represent them are a bit too small for this idea to work though.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well, let's hope they will apply it on the bosses in the story mode at least.

Top Bottom