• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Differences in the PAL version

Milky2Milk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
Hi.

:?:

So I have been playing melee for a long while now but I am still not sure about the differences between the NTSC version and the PAL version, (I live in England, so I play on PAL.) If anyone could tell me any important differences that would be appreciated.

:starman:

Pauer

The Pauerful
See this list.

Most important ones:
Fox's up smash and firefox are nerfed in PAL.
PAL has auto-gentleman for captain falcon
Falco's dair spikes for the entire duration that it's out in NTSC. In Pal, it no longer spikes after about half the duration and sends you at a ~40° angle.
Marth is knocked down by Fox's shine in PAL.
Sheik's upair is weaker in PAL and no longer a kill move. Her d-throw angle is changed so that she has nearly no guaranteed combos off it.

ande

Smash Cadet
Just search for it on google and you will find the the two melee wiki websites.

They have pretty much everything worth knowing

XenoFalcon95

Smash Cadet
One more that I think is important - Marth's dair is a meteor instead of a spike, so it can't KO as reliably.
See this list.

Most important ones:
Fox's up smash and firefox are nerfed in PAL.
PAL has auto-gentleman for captain falcon
Falco's dair spikes for the entire duration that it's out in NTSC. In Pal, it no longer spikes after about half the duration and sends you at a ~40° angle.
Marth is knocked down by Fox's shine in PAL.
Sheik's upair is weaker in PAL and no longer a kill move. Her d-throw angle is changed so that she has nearly no guaranteed combos off it.

Top Bottom