• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Differences In Link From Other Games

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm new to Project M, and I am looking for some advice on how to play Link in Project M. I play both Melee and Brawl, so what are the differences between P:M Link and Brawl and Melee Link. This would be appreciated, some combos and a.t.'s would be appreciated too. Thank you to everyone.

Pug

Smash Apprentice
He's much more mobile, all his weapons are useful (including the bow!), his grounded Up-B has a semi-spike... In general he's better in PM than he's ever been. I'd recommend just playing PM to get a feel for him in general.

Last edited:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
What Pug said essentially. However Melee Link also has a grounded UpB spike, so that's not really a difference.

Link's recovery in P:M has also been buffed immensely with the aerial glide toss (AGT) with the bombs. Gives him way many more options and distance.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Essentially,

PM Link = Melee Link + range on most attacks + different tether/zair + better aerial horizontal movement + bomb agt +changes to projectiles (esp bow) + better aerial upB priority - cool down lag on most attacks

Basically, he's a better/faster/longer living version of Melee Link.

J3f

Smash Cadet
PM Link is finally good. After maining Link since Smash 64. Melee link was OK outside of really competitive matches. Brawl Link just sucked, everything that changed from Brawl made him worse.

Top Bottom