• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference in console

DutchRide

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was anything different at all between running and playing the melee disk on the Gamecube and on the Wii. The ports are all the same and stuff but as far as the hardware of the console, is there any difference?

Thanks all,
Dutch Ride

The Wii uses similar technology that the Gamecube has. It doesn't emulate Gamecube games, it simply plays them like a Gamecube would. There's no difference aside from a very slight video quality improvement

AirFair

Marth tho
The only difference is really in the video. The wii would be better for getting 20XX pack, at least, until the Tournament Edition is released.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
The only difference is really in the video. The wii would be better for getting 20XX pack, at least, until the Tournament Edition is released.
Tournament Edition? Go on...

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
An exploit was recently found that allows the loading of Gecko codes on a Gamecube via a hacked save file. A version of 20XX specifically for use on Gamecubes is currently being worked on.
OMG that's awesome. I'm really looking forward to this. Then my gamecube can be useful again.
I have a way of loading 20xx from a SD Memory Card adapter, through Action Replay, but it's super glitchy and it makes really crazy sounds when it's loading.

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
OMG that's awesome. I'm really looking forward to this. Then my gamecube can be useful again.
I have a way of loading 20xx from a SD Memory Card adapter, through Action Replay, but it's super glitchy and it makes really crazy sounds when it's loading.
The guy making it is putting some videos on his YT channel if you're interested.

Top Bottom