• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference between Normal and Ω Form stages?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's the difference between "Normal" stages and the Omega Form (Ω Form) of the stages?

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
It means the stage mirrors the final destination layout, basically a flat stage with no hazards. Does anyone knows if every stage has a FD version?
You're only able to play a single stage on the demo, however, you're able to mouseover/hover the stages you can't play. And it looks like they all have Omega versions.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The Omega stages are all vastly different from each other. They all have a flat top with no platforms, but the sides, underside, width, and blast zone length are all different among the stages. It's not that they literally become the "Final Destination" stage.

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
It means the stage mirrors the final destination layout, basically a flat stage with no hazards. Does anyone knows if every stage has a FD version?
Yes, there will be a Normal and Omega form of each stage. However, Battlefield is the only stage available via demo.

But Nintendo did state earlier that each stage will have a normal form, which is a Final Destination setting of the stage (no items, hazards, platforms, etc.).

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Hopefully there's still an item switch. I like to spice things up a bit with some variety, but some items just HAVE to go, and I don't always need to be barraged with items either.

Sometimes you want Items on low, with the really OP ones turned off, and sometimes you want them on very high with only the OP ones on.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They're not actually called "Final Destination" stages in the English version either. Just Omega mode.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Hopefully there's still an item switch. I like to spice things up a bit with some variety, but some items just HAVE to go, and I don't always need to be barraged with items either.

Sometimes you want Items on low, with the really OP ones turned off, and sometimes you want them on very high with only the OP ones on.
There is an item switch.
Also what if the omega version of final destination is a stage that actually has platforms lol but we know that its the same with or without the omega on

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
There is an item switch.
Also what if the omega version of final destination is a stage that actually has platforms lol but we know that its the same with or without the omega on
It'd be nice. Pure flat stages are a little boring, but Nintendo always likes to go TOO far with their regular weird leveldesigns. Scrolling stages are NOT fun. Still, it could be that Omega versions of stages don't allow items. That'd suck.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is an item switch.
You can't divide by zero

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

There's an item switch. The Treehouse was making use of it during their stream.

Edit: Oops, someone answered already.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% sure Final Destination won't have an FD form. :troll:

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Obviously its true but what does that have to do with the topic at hand?
If [the answer] is not immediately apparent to you upon being told it, you will never be a first-class mathematician.

-- Carl Friedrich Gauss

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I still don't understand why the omega form HAS to get rid of platforms. Certain characters have noticeable advantages/disadvantages depending on the presence of platforms, so by nixing them altogether in "For Glory" mode, you're permanently hindering some characters while permanently boosting others.

It's like when they listen to the competitive community, they only kinda listen.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
If [the answer] is not immediately apparent to you upon being told it, you will never be a first-class mathematician.

-- Carl Friedrich Gauss
Never wanted to be just wanted to know what the heck it has to do with smash but whatever im going back to my demo so bye

Oort

Smash Cadet
I still don't understand why the omega form HAS to get rid of platforms. Certain characters have noticeable advantages/disadvantages depending on the presence of platforms, so by nixing them altogether in "For Glory" mode, you're permanently hindering some characters while permanently boosting others.

It's like when they listen to the competitive community, they only kinda listen.
But then again, our stage lists shape the meta just as much. When we started banning stages MK was good on in brawl it basically paved the way for ICs becoming S-tier. No matter what the stage list is it's gonna effect which characters are good and which are bad.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

You guys complain about everything ._.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Apparently no items appear on the stage, either, when using the Omega form.
(From what I've seen.)
actually, this is only in the demo (and online if you pick ガチ/For Glory). items work on the omega/終点 ver of stages.

every single stage has one.

the way of selecting it is on the stage selection screen, press the X button. this will change your cursor from an empty circle to a circle with 終点 in it. or... whatever it says in the english ver (omega symbol?). any stage you select with this reticle will become the FD version of a stage.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Baby steps. The fact that they're 'kinda listening' is better than Brawl's "shutupshutupshutup"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You guys complain about everything ._.
It's not a complaint. It's a legitimate concern. I appreciate that they even tried, but simply trying isn't the same as getting it right. The act of giving us a million Final Destination stages is missing the point of counterpicks entirely, and once again shows Nintendo's ignorance of its own game's competitive scene.

Creating a competitive-viable playlist accomplishes little if it isn't fully competitively viable.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Maybe they could've had an "A" (Alpha; yes capital "alpha" is just "A"; pretty boring) Mode for maps as well, that basically reskin it to have 3 platforms like Battlefield, without hazards as well.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
To answer the question YES omega forms can have items. I saw it on VGC's stream. I like FD format but I like some items. As far as new items go I'm particularly fond of the wind bottle thingy that I believe is from zelda? As well as the boomerang, Bullet Bill, and the subspace grass. You get an item without having to throw it around like an idiot... plus no random explosions.

Top Bottom