• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Bananas

PrimeX

Smash Rookie
After watching Junebug and Boss play Diddy in tournaments, I must say that the one thing that needs changing is the bananas. They aren't broken or anything, but they kind of ruin the game imo. Too much of the match turns into a battle for banana control, and it's just annoying to watch. I find myself dreading watching Diddy games.

Anyone else feel this way?

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, because two people from the same region that have similar styles of play are over-centralized around down b that is a good reason to nerf bananas. Joking aside, I don't overly enjoy watching the xanadu diddys as much, but the item control is interesting at times. ( would like to remind Junebug has a good ganon, and Boss has a good Mario so they would probably just win with other characters using a different move if diddy was nerfed.) Your apathy coming from watching diddy or belief that bananas need further nerfs may be from watching the same players in one region.
Why would Xanadu diddy mains deviate from what works in that region? Diddy's gameplay and banana reliance drastically varies depending on the region/matchup, while my game would not be hurt that much by banana nerfs, this would potentially cripple other players of the character with better item control, and leave the character being centralized around something else. (Popgun)

DeFish

Smash Apprentice
This is probably the worst reason I've ever heard to nerf something. But I guess it's been a couple weeks since one of these threads was opened, so we were due for a new one.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You dont really have to make new threds for topics like this, just post it in the general discussion.

Smash is a game about positioning, stage control, and movement, and Bananas just add another layer of depth onto those areas. I think you're just infected with the stream monster.

Yeah, they are good items, but both sides can use them, its not like a falco laser where you only option is to powershield without giving up advantage.

About it changing the game, well yeah, thats part of the diddy MU. It adds a depth to every MU that is more than just, say, Links spamming boomerang .

Top Bottom