• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy vs. The Heavyweights

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
What's your guys' strategy when fighting guys like Donkey Kong, Dedede, Bowser, and Ganondorf? I've found it useful to basically have bananas on stage at all times, trip, throw, never stop moving, combo to high percentages and then KO. It's pretty useful when your friends are somewhat noobs and don't know what the hell is going on. However, when I, in the future, this simple strategy may not work. So, what's the preferred way of dealing with these tough-to-KO characters?

NometheGnome

Smash Rookie
diddy destroys heavys IMO

just get them off stage and fair / dair them to death

thats the strat. I use. Dash back off cause you know the fatties want to fight, and half a second you create of lag due to backing off go back in and start some combos.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Heavies are tricky to take up front, use Diddy's great indirect advantages to put them at a disadvange.

Just do your best to out pace them, banana-trip them, and sneak in hits and once they're about 50% and they slip, dash and up smash them into the air and don't stop juggling

Eventually the next time you sneak in a hit with a down smash or side smash they should go flying

Top Bottom