• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy vs Fox

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Not a Diddy or a proper Fox but I've heard many Diddy's think that it tips in Fox's favor. Including C3PO apparently:

I have heard on these boards that ZeRo doesn't feel that way, but then again it's ZeRo so it's hard to tell if can properly speak for the matchup.

C3PO

Smash Cadet
NNID
C3POSmash
What are all of your thoughts on the matchup?
Definitely think the MU is awful if played correctly by Fox. 60-40 or 55-45 in Fox's favour. Tension didn't let me breath, it's so difficult setting up or reseting to neutral against Fox.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Definitely in Fox's favor due to his superior frame data. Still doable though since we have better range on our moves and a better neutral game. As C3PO said, a good Fox player will leave very little room to breathe.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A propper Fox knows just how much space we need, and he's expert in closing in on us. F Air makes this matchup not terrible, D Tilt to. Otherwise, we get completely ROFL-stomped in combos. I do think we have the advantage with kill confirms, but not that that matters much if Fox's Up Smash excists. Fox is also scary with a banana in hand. We need to really change our pace in the neutral to, cause even Sheik gives us more room to breathe than Fox does. With all this considered, I don't think it's bad. But definitely a matchup that forces us to play differently. And as a Diddy player, YOU want to be in control of the stage at all times, not struggle for it.

Volt826

Sup
Seems like in the matchup some of Diddy's combos (like double/triple down tilt, down tilt down smash, down throw double back air) don't work at early percents or even at all. If the Fox uses shine correctly it really hurts banana play. Also I find that Diddy can't really exploit Fox's recovery as hard as many other characters can, but maybe that's just me. I also have a hard time getting out of Fox's combos, especially dash attack up tilt strings. On the other side of me also being a Fox player I find the matchup really easy. I'd say it's 40/60 Fox's favor. Also when Fox gets the banana, it gets scary.

Top Bottom