• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy vs Crouch Canceling Data

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Heres a spread sheet with what %'s diddy's moves break true CC and force ASDI down/knockdown. I have data on the whole cast other than bowser because didn't feel like dealing with his crouch armor and all that.

Not claiming 100% accuracy, I'm sure theres a few errors by one percent for some moves vs some characters, but it should for the most part be very accurate, did it all by hand.

All done in training mode so no fresh/stale hitboxes, smashes uncharged

Moves/hitboxes I didn't note, and specifics for some smashes:

Dair: Only did the 14% dmg hit. the 15% dmg hit breaks it significantly sooner (a good 4-5% at least) although dair doesn't get CC'd like normal move anyway, instead forces grounded recoil state.

Ftilt: too many variable hitboxes and 3 angles, just use fair lol

jabs/popgun: they get CC'd till forever, wasn't' worth finding it out

strong up-b hits had too many variables and it never really comes up in situations.

Upsmash is really weird, I took all the data points by hitting all of them by upsmashing with my back up against them, but if you face them one of the hits will miss and it'll break earlier/later depending on the character.

Fsmash vs DDD is accurate. something about his 6 frames of normal landing lag makes him unable to CC between hits of the fsmash

so yeah, more resources. I'll be trying to compile all the useful resources in the boards into one big mega thread after evo.

edit: ROB/Snake might be wrong, going to have to redo them eventually

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Dear Soft Serve,

Wow, this a lot of neat data put together. How weird is it that King Dedede's CC is broken at 3% with F-Smash. I'll have to pass this onto my Diddy friends; thanks.

Sincerely yours,
SaxophoneofTime

jtm94

Smash Lord
Good stuff. You're a madman if you did every character like that. It's so good to see other people putting in lab work.

Is upsmash looking practical as a tool to combat CC/asdi? Been tinkering with the Diddy again.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If it hits with them behind you and they try to cc without any sdi-outwards, it breaks CC really early. It breaks CC before it stops being punishable on hit actually. Haven't done much more testing with cc % or hitting with the hitboxes that reach in front of diddy, but i'd imagine without all the connecting hits it breaks CC much later.

Upsmash, banana, side b all blow up cc when used properly. Retreating bair is safe vs everything that's not like, cc tether grab.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Very interesting. Does SideB always break cc or does DIing down do nothing to it since it just sends at an upwards angle that has KB growth over percents? I'll make sure to tack on more % from now on so I don't get CCd to death at low %s.

Top Bottom