• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy/Villager main here. Is Mario a good secondary against Sheik and ZSS?

jcabrera64

Smash Rookie
Sheik (and to a lesser extent, ZSS) gives Diddy and Villager a lot of trouble. Is mario a viable secondary to combat both of them?

TimSin

Smash Cadet
Well, there were a handful of Diddys that switched over to Mario after the nerf in my region. So I'm guessing it's good.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Mario does okay vs both of them but he doesn't exactly win matchup-wise.

RMF

Smash Cadet
NNID
rafamariofanx
3DS FC
4897-7020-4287
Mario isn't a bad option against sheik and ZSS(in comparison with the rest of the cast), but still a bad MU against these two.

Zanarkan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zanarkan28
I think the Mario vs. ZSS matchup is primarily a skill matchup, I don't think he straight up loses that one. As far as Sheik goes I think the MU is still in Sheik's favor but not as badly as Diddy and Villager are in her favor.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
They are 50/50 MUs and Mario is as easy as it gets as far as picking up a character that goes even with them so.... yes.

Top Bottom