• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Recovery Glitch Solved; New Tech [Video up]

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=156635

This is how you do it:

You have to press X (or Y) for your second jump at the exact same time that you press up-B. Very simple. It's just like Lucas' PK Fire Glitch. There's only one difference; You have to have been hit before you can do this. You CANNOT jump and then do it.

So, instead of descending while doing his up-B, you will ascend. You can ascend much more than shown in the video in the provided link. You can ascend almost as much as Diddy's fully charged up-B.

I will upload a video of me doing it consistantly if anyone thinks it is necessary.

EDIT: Here's the video of me doing it consistantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uair9THRI

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Theres a video of this in the other thread discussing this tech, very nice find by whomever found it...lol, usefull stuff here.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
So, instead of descending while doing his up-B, you will ascend. You can ascend much more than shown in the video in the provided link. You can ascend almost as much as Diddy's fully charged up-B.
Holy crap.

So basically, if I've been knocked off the stage, and purposely ignore using my second jump until I'm at the bottom of the screen, you're saying that I can more or less ascend back up to the stage and then release the Up B for even more lift?

That would simply be amazing.

GeneralPit

Smash Rookie
If people have trouble doing it with X or Y (I found Zap Jumping with Lucas insanely hard with it), set L or R (whichever you don't use.) to jump. Makes it much easier.

Fruttti

Smash Rookie
I have been trying this for a while now, but i can't do it.
I play with Wiimote and Nunchuck, and then i push C while I'm doing up + B. Am I doing wrong?
I can't see your video either, Jeepy Sol.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
^ Ok, i just went to go try it. So, you have to press up on the nunchuk, up on the wiimote, C, and B all at the same time. Remember that this only works after being hit.

And I fixed the video.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I was one of the first to mention this, but I couldn't repeat it. Thanks for clearing that up!

uber_micro16

Smash Rookie
This is awesome, and works with any character that charges his/her up+b

Yeah I found this out with Fox yesterday, it is doable with anyone who "charges" their up+b or recovery attack. This basically just makes diddy un-killable from sides, if he's not completely killed he is coming back to the stage.

Diddy FTW! :chuckle:

Fruttti

Smash Rookie
I just found out that it's able to just do Up + B to get this working. :bee:
I have just tried this with Wiimote + Nunchuck, so i don't know if this will work with the other controllers.

uber_micro16

Smash Rookie
I just found out that it's able to just do Up + B to get this working. :bee:
I have just tried this with Wiimote + Nunchuck, so i don't know if this will work with the other controllers.
That may just be the tap jump on your controller layout, check it out. If it was on, you basically just inputed a simultaneous jump and an up+b at the same time.

okor

Smash Apprentice
I posted this 12 days ago, why is everyone amazed by it now? >.>

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
it's really simple to do, just do a normal upB but go up slightly beforehand.
I thought this was common knowledge already >_>
What? No, you have to jump and up-B at the same time...

I posted this 12 days ago, why is everyone amazed by it now? >.>
No offense, but it didn't really seem like you knew how to do it. At least you didn't explain it very well. And your video didn't explain how to do it either.

Listen folks, I'm not claiming to have discovered this. I'm only trying to show people how to do it.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
you said to press up and B at the same time, which means you would not use your second jump <_<

Most people automatically do it, but some people have themselves wired to where there timing is perfect enough to go straight into the recovery without the jump. I was saying you HAVE to press up at LEAST one frame before B, or it won't work

rockthevote

Smash Rookie
So i was testing this out tonight, and from what i can tell, it only works at the "peak" of the falling animation. I was testing with people throwing me, and off spikes in a created stage, and when i would purposly fallo n the spikes, i could only do this at the peak of where i was shot upwards. When people uthrow'd me it was also onlythe peak. WHen thrown from a side throw or what have you it only worked for a short period after about 2 seconds of falling animation

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. But is this really useful for anything?

I would think that using the full height of the second jump before UpB would be even better.

okor

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but it didn't really seem like you knew how to do it. At least you didn't explain it very well. And your video didn't explain how to do it either.

Listen folks, I'm not claiming to have discovered this. I'm only trying to show people how to do it.
Actually, I pretty clearly said after being hit you jump into an Up-B.

Interesting. But is this really useful for anything?

I would think that using the full height of the second jump before UpB would be even better.
That doesn't work because by the end of the second jump, the time frame is over and you will fall as usual when you charge up-b.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't work because by the end of the second jump, the time frame is over and you will fall as usual when you charge up-b.
I was referring to just using a normal UpB. Starting at the peak of the second jump should still launch you further than if you start the UpB at the beginning of the second jump.

I'll just test it to see for sure.

okor

Smash Apprentice
I was referring to just using a normal UpB. Starting at the peak of the second jump should still launch you further than if you start the UpB at the beginning of the second jump.

I'll just test it to see for sure.
Believe me, that doesn't come close to matching the distance possible from this technique.

Top Bottom