• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

diddy online

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Okay well i been maining diddy for awhile and offline i **** pretty much but online it's just hell for me people i know i can beat own me. i mean its way harder to glide 90% of time i end up doing a regular toss which messes me up? is there any tips that can help me with this and another thing when i play those pesky snake players there always way harder to kill even at 140% when i try to go for a kill effin u-tilt owns me then they f-tilt spam until im higher again and its the same ol?

Surjan

Smash Rookie
yeah it's the same thing for me but you just have to get used to online lag. You have to adjust to every new person you play, cant expect the timing of the glide toss to be the same everytime, you going to have to actually slow you play style down so diddy is more effective online. I would say play people online that live closer to you or getting a better connection so that the lag is less and more consistent. Offline is where it's at online is only practice for me.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Quit your whining! I use diddy on wifi and offline and everything works out fine.

Surjan

Smash Rookie
lol everyone isn't as pro as you ADHD! lol some of us are using walmart connections to play so give us poor people some slack with the lag stuff.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Okay well i been maining diddy for awhile and offline i **** pretty much but online it's just hell for me people i know i can beat own me. i mean its way harder to glide 90% of time i end up doing a regular toss which messes me up? is there any tips that can help me with this and another thing when i play those pesky snake players there always way harder to kill even at 140% when i try to go for a kill effin u-tilt owns me then they f-tilt spam until im higher again and its the same ol?
Honestly, wifi is one of the worst mess ups the creaters did to Brawl. Don't get your hopes down when you lose to a wifi match because wifi is all about GETTING USE TO THE LAG. Example: I have a buddy who regularly plays me "Offline" which 85% of the time I win, however when I play him on wifi, which he plays wifi all the time, I get owned. Some Characters on wifi are really hard to play w/ the lag being implemented such as DIDDY!, Ice Climbers, and Jigs. Seems to me METAKNIGHTs, Snake's, and G&W always seems to do just fine w/ the lag despite the tier.

Advice: GET USE TO THE LAG!, Honestly thats about all you can do. All ATs, Strategy, and matchup styles should already be in your game. Good Luck! cause MKs are *****es on wifi

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
i agree, i cant handle things the way i do non wifi when its lagging (not johning)
pressure is a lot harder to apply as diddy and picking up naners can be tricky at times

you shouldn't expect to get better on wifi unless both of you are playing to your full potential with lag :/

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
i agree, i cant handle things the way i do non wifi when its lagging (not johning)
pressure is a lot harder to apply as diddy and picking up naners can be tricky at times

you shouldn't expect to get better on wifi unless both of you are playing to your full potential with lag :/
Well I do believe you can become better from wifi, not in a Metagame form as it is much harder to apply yourself on wifi lag such as; At's, Pressure, and other strategy as you would agree. But it certainly helps you learn the matchup, which until this game become much older and basically almost everyone knows about the metagame within all characters it is much important to know matchups. Sadly I don't play wifi enough which I need to for matchup reasons, but I can't deal with my wii being drunk trying to play brawl [aka wifi]

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Wi-Fi is amazing for learning match-ups, stages, and punishable things (which would fall under match-ups). It doesn't help you shape up your game to the top(Diddy is quite worse online, he doesn't move as fluidly and the slight lag messes up your banana game...although ADHD still ***** me online, I bet he'd definitely **** me harder offline, so meh), but it does help you learn little things like z-catching sheilded bananas and such.

Although generally, MATCH-UP EXPERIENCE OLOL. Unless you live in like New Jersey and can constantly play a bunch of different people, Wi-Fi is good for match-up experience because you play a lot of different people. Some people get majorly buffed online, like Wolf, Ike, and Olimar (especially Olimar oh god), but it's still good.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, Olimar online. >.<

Online doesn't make Diddy terribly bad, but the lag can mess with your naner game and combos. I tend to learn how to differentiate between playstyles on different stages.

And yes, online helps a lot when you need help on match-ups.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Yea i know what you mean mk is too easy online, and falco isnt that hard cept if they counter and go bf.
wolf doesnt really get buffed online unless da wolf just spams's f-smash and laser and d-smash.
but dribbling is so hard online and being aggresive can really back-fire so many times i sd cus of button lag.
Thanks for the input guys
btw i use a verzion router and even then i still get lag.

Top Bottom