• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Total PSNL Guide! by Dime (mdmfromdaridge)

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
So I quickly skimmed the thread and didn't see anything on it, but what's up with the banana randomly getting dropped after the Z-catch before you're supposed to hit the ground? It happens more often than not, and I'm assuming it has to do with perfect Z-catching, but what exactly is causing it? I know I'm not hitting Z twice...
Did you mean it happens while you're doing PSNL? Eitherway I used to have an issue with that when I would attempt SNL, although I never really had that issue with PSNL. I really have no idea what causes it, but I have a feeling it's the same thing as what would cause you to big shield instead of grab in ssbM. I just remember the Zbutton doing that stupid bubble shield when I wanted to grab, possibly we have depressed a button without realizing it?

Sails

Smash Ace
Did you mean it happens while you're doing PSNL? Eitherway I used to have an issue with that when I would attempt SNL, although I never really had that issue with PSNL. I really have no idea what causes it, but I have a feeling it's the same thing as what would cause you to big shield instead of grab in ssbM. I just remember the Zbutton doing that stupid bubble shield when I wanted to grab, possibly we have depressed a button without realizing it?
Yeah, it's when I'm doing the PSNL. The second catch is the most often trigger, when you are supposed to hit the ground after it because of lack of footstool height. Oh well, guess I'll have to figure out another timing then.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Use Airdodge to catch the Banana the second time so you won't drop it. You won't lose any speed and it shouldn't drop as long as you DON'T press anything else (otherwise you might Instant Drop it).

And how do you accidentally drop the Banana during a SNL? You're supposed to catch it with an anto-Fast-Falled D-Air, so the Banana should never come loose. O.o

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Lol, yeah I tried SNL with Z catch and air dodge for a while because I hating the way I was doing it before, I know it wasn't the 'right' way.

I use the Z button on the second banana catch. I still airdodge so I think it's my timing but I find it more simple to only need 1 of the buttons for catch.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
is it even possible to do this with wiichuck + tap jump? or is it just harder to do? if so, it might not be for me :(

otherwise, im certainly gonna learn this shizzle :)

Not at all. I've got the basics down after about 20 minutes of practicing it today. I use tap jump and I don't see how it affects anything really.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hi guys. This lock looks interesting, but, could you upload a video of it? With a video and he instructions it would be perfectly clear.

I also wanted to ask if you know or have seen a video with a good way to start this combo in a real battle, because it looks a little hard to get that close to an oponent without getting punished.

About the dribble lock, upload a video please xD

-Googs

Smash Lord
I can footstool, throw the nan, catch it, footstool again, throw the nan land and repeat, I just have trouble figuring out where they're gonna roll and they go to the edge so I can't make it an infinite, can someone explain how to predict which way they're gonna roll and and which direction better?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I can footstool, throw the nan, catch it, footstool again, throw the nan land and repeat, I just have trouble figuring out where they're gonna roll and they go to the edge so I can't make it an infinite, can someone explain how to predict which way they're gonna roll and and which direction better?
If you're doing it right they shouldn't be rolling at all, they shouldn't move other than were you move them with bananas.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
By roll do you mean which way the banana pushes them?

If that's the case, it all depends on where you throw the banana.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Yeah where the banana pushes them, where/how do I throw the banana so it brings them to one side, then another?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
The way I remember it being described is this:

If you want them to travel towards the way their head is facing, hit them near their head. If you want them to go the way their feet are facing, throw it near their feet.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
thats not necessarily true

you want to hit them on the opposite side of the direction you want them to trip in

you should test each character individually because some naturally trip in a certain direction after you footstool them (without holdin a direction)

dj asakura

Smash Ace
thats not necessarily true

you want to hit them on the opposite side of the direction you want them to trip in

you should test each character individually because some naturally trip in a certain direction after you footstool them (without holdin a direction)
Really? So hit their feet to make them go towards their head?

I guess that makes sense. I'm an idiot :p

-Googs

Smash Lord
still can't figure out how to push them the way I want |: I dont get what I need to do. am I supposed to DI the opposite direction?

Top Bottom