• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character #6~ Zero Suit Samus

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
sumbody f uc kin update this,
i fu ckin hate this matchup,
have u played shlikes zss idk wut to do,

she can space, diddy sucks in the air, cant go after her when off stage cuz she can spike or use a gay aerial, she has items plus nannas plus that freezing move, it cleary is in her favor u tilt stops all of diddys moves even glide toss all is diddy has a foward air, campin doesnt work against her, u basically lose a stock wen u get in the air, i cant beat this zss... well one of the 3 good zss,
and i can beat FK and snakee in friendlies but not shlike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-RgOiLzys0
are you trolling or what? cant really figure it out, but anyway:

what were you doing the first 10 seconds of the match? or even better, what were you TRYING to do?
0:55 would've guaranteed you an Fsmash which wouldve put the ZSS in a bad situation but you jabbed O.o then a second later you went for the banana while it was obvious he was going to attack you
1:31 throwing bananas off the stage one by one isnt gonna make it easier, especially since you got ***** when not having bananas around
1:58 ledge attack? seriously? you were kinda asking for it
2:17 **** happens, cant let it get to you, but still, shouldnt have happened :(
2:26 again, couldve smashed but got punished

for the entire match, i think you overused sideB, you hit often enough, but sometimes its better to retreat and get some naners out, also, did you really not notice how often the ZSS jumped over your bananas or just jumped in general? you couldve dribbled back to fair pickup to let him feel it ^^
i dont think you really undestand how little ZSS can do when you are spamming bananas at her like crazy... she pretty much HAS to jump, so its easy to predict that and Fair which would in turn, get the ZSS to a point where she doesnt feel safe by jumping anymore if you Faired her enough, but in short, i think the ZSS just outplayed you

^btw, what makes you think that utilt stops a glide toss? you should know that a glide toss takes a lot longer than a regular throw, i believe the banana even comes out AFTER you have moved, which will get you hit in a lot of situations.

hope this helps O.o

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Ill save some replays for you danny when i play shlike, thats if he lets me.

Anyways with that said id like to know what other diddy kongs do when trying to land on the stage with ZSS below you. I cant airdodge through uair because ill just be hit with another uair after its finished. Ive been trying a few crazy things like charging upB so that way when i get hit hopfully the barrels will stop her. This has more to do with ZSS's upair being broken though.

B reversal popgun cancel doesnt seem to go far enough

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Bad troll is bad.

If you're actually serious, if you aren't using Bananas as Diddy in almost every conceivable situation, you're doing it wrong. Learn2GlideToss
I'm just saying because of the infinite they have on us. Better to be safe than sorry

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
-_-

Let me rephrase, then. What "Banana loop"?

EDIT: Didn't we decide that that is about as likely to happen as the PSNL? I seem to recall it being debunked somehow.
lol
PSNL has become a joke

anyway, Ingulit is right, platforms shut this down, and if you play smart/campier against zss, she won't have a chance to get your naners in the first place

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
In that video, you could have Tech-Rolled after the Up-B, just like any other time ZSS hits you with Up-B.

And you wouldn't be able to jump after being knocked off the stage by a Banana... not in time, anyway. There is some lag to that.

And yeah, SDI like a mofo if they actually manage to start it on the sides of a stage.

But seriously... how relevant is this combo to the match-up as a whole? Like, has it seen use outside of Asia (where they do crazy **** with Bananas all the time anyway)?

Player-1

Smash Legend
In that video, you could have Tech-Rolled after the Up-B, just like any other time ZSS hits you with Up-B.

And you wouldn't be able to jump after being knocked off the stage by a Banana... not in time, anyway. There is some lag to that.

And yeah, SDI like a mofo if they actually manage to start it on the sides of a stage.

But seriously... how relevant is this combo to the match-up as a whole? Like, has it seen use outside of Asia (where they do crazy **** with Bananas all the time anyway)?
no, you couldn't have teched.

vato_break

Smash Master
Plasma whip doesn't do very much damage and there are better options from dsmash i think?

Edit: actually it does do a decent amount of damage it's just that there are better options.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
are you trolling or what? cant really figure it out, but anyway:

what were you doing the first 10 seconds of the match? or even better, what were you TRYING to do?
0:55 would've guaranteed you an Fsmash which wouldve put the ZSS in a bad situation but you jabbed O.o then a second later you went for the banana while it was obvious he was going to attack you
1:31 throwing bananas off the stage one by one isnt gonna make it easier, especially since you got ***** when not having bananas around
1:58 ledge attack? seriously? you were kinda asking for it
2:17 **** happens, cant let it get to you, but still, shouldnt have happened :(
2:26 again, couldve smashed but got punished

for the entire match, i think you overused sideB, you hit often enough, but sometimes its better to retreat and get some naners out, also, did you really not notice how often the ZSS jumped over your bananas or just jumped in general? you couldve dribbled back to fair pickup to let him feel it ^^
i dont think you really undestand how little ZSS can do when you are spamming bananas at her like crazy... she pretty much HAS to jump, so its easy to predict that and Fair which would in turn, get the ZSS to a point where she doesnt feel safe by jumping anymore if you Faired her enough, but in short, i think the ZSS just outplayed you

^btw, what makes you think that utilt stops a glide toss? you should know that a glide toss takes a lot longer than a regular throw, i believe the banana even comes out AFTER you have moved, which will get you hit in a lot of situations.

hope this helps O.o
i was just raging, everyone rages

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
lol
PSNL has become a joke

anyway, Ingulit is right, platforms shut this down, and if you play smart/campier against zss, she won't have a chance to get your naners in the first place
u havnt played my friend,

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
U have to be.very gay in this matchup , run away camp, shield don't dodge that much. Running then shielding works well, side b is too good in this match up, forward air *****

Top Bottom