• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Diddy Kong's Banana Slide - A Known Thing?

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys and gals. :) I wouldn't consider myself to be a Diddy main, in fact, I'm still in main limbo (a terrible place to be, but anyway). I was playing a match with him recently and noticed something special happened when I smash tossed a banana peel toward the very top of the slope on the first stage of Castle Siege. It actually just slides across the stage and off the ledge, whee! Not the most useful thing ever, probably, and I have no idea if this is a known technique or not, but wanted to contribute in some way.

Diddy Kong is quite fun, and he deserves some appreciation, so keep up the good work, all. :)

Edit: The following stages with slopes have since been tested:
Lylat = Does not work
Yoshi's Story = Does not work
Yoshi's Island = Works on the ledge slopes when thrown toward the stage while off-stage, however, it is extremely inconsistent and difficult to perform
Mementos = Does not work

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Tested on Lylat just now and couldn't get it to work because of the ship's thrusters getting in the way. They rise a bit above where the wing slopes would meet the flat part of the stage. Also couldn't get it to work on Yoshi's Story. However, it works on the ledge slopes of Yoshi's Island (throwing toward the stage while off-stage), but it was very very hard to get it right. When performed perfectly, the peel slid all the way to the middle of the stage. Would be interesting if there ended up being a consistent set-up for getting it just right there, but as it stands, it's waaay easier on Castle Siege, unfortunately.

Top Bottom