• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Diddy Kong*

IrisKong

Smash Lord
You guys know the drill, lets keep it going, dont let these discussions die!

!Diddy Kong!

Finally getting the 3rd spot on the tier list that he deserves. Probably the best ground game as well as the best projectile/item in the game. A combo character that if given momentum, is hard to stop. What can we do against this little monkey?

Match Up %-

Diddy Pros/Cons-

Pit Pros/Cons-

Stages to strike/ban-

Help out, contribute, VICTORY CAN BE OURS!

Nitrix

Smash Ace
We should really centralize this to one thread or something O_o.

For Diddy, Pit isn't actually that bad.

- Get him in the air and harass with U-Air alot

- Pester him with arrows, don't give him an easy time setting up

- Watch his banana pattern carefully, try to reflect his approach and force him to start over

- If you get a banana and you aren't good with items, then when you do get a banana jump offstage and throw it in the air. That way for the time it is airborne Diddy cannot spawn another which can make things a bit easier.

- Don't fall for his stupid tricks and watch what you are doing

-Stages like Brinstair and Delfino are not-so-nice for Diddy, plus you can attack from below the stage on both. Norfair and PS1 which seem like nice ideas aren't so great as you'd think. A good Diddy will camp the lowest Norfair platform with bananas and attack from below with stuff like his uber F-Air.

A good Pit can make this matchup reletively close to even imo.

Afropony

Smash Lord
If you're gonna use one of the reflectors use Angel Ring, they actualy have quite a bit of toruble getting around it.
Pit has massive Glidetosses, I think you can do Glidetoss banana>Dsmash.
Jabs really good in this matchup, smae with Dtilt.
I'm not really sure what you should do when they're trying to recover but I'd probably just shoot arrows at them.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
@Afropony

When Diddy is off stage, just shoot arrows at him, or try reflecting his recovery with your MS.
This Match Up is quite even, if played correctly.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
If you are not VERY confident with bananas then either throw them up, throw them up offstage, or just hold it and camp.

I secondary Diddy, and any Diddy is going to be very ready for a glidetoss if Pit gets a nanner. Diddy's are very experienced at facing bananas. Plus I think his Monkey Kick goes over the trajectory of the banana anyways.

Camping with one nanner actually seems pretty nice. Pit can be annoying.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
pretty even its all about who gets momentum first and if diddy can keep you on the ground or is you can get him in the air

"your never gonna beat diddy if you dont camp"
-R@yvn

camp your balls off abuse that mirror sheild use those arrows keep him the **** away unless hes in the air

also pokemon stadium 1 is a terrible stage for pit probably one of his worst

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Totally disagree about pokemon stadium 1.
One of the worst stages is Yoshi Island. Small, hard to camp, hard to plank, you cannot glide or WoI underneath it, shy guys are just a pain in the *** for your arrows...

The best counterpick for diddys are Brinstar and Rainbow cruise, does any one agrees?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I'd say Brinstar is probably a better CP over Rainbow Cruise. Brinstar makes bananas really hard to use lol. Plus Pit can camp behind the hump, and use U-Air from under the stage.

Rainbow Cruise isn't as much of a hinderance. Some weird Diddys actually like it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
There was a miss understanding from one of the posters, I was asked not to delete them, so for now I will turn them back to how they were before until i can talk to IrisKong and see what he wants to do.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Yoshis Island is not one of the worst Stages for Pit.
Just to correct Tikun.

Conti

Smash Ace
(Haha I get to discuss my two mains :D)
I think this is a pretty even matchup maybe 55:45 diddy at the most...

Onstage:
Diddy has the great advantage ONLY IF HE HAS BOTH BANANAS,.. Stay airborn, for those who don't know diddy is not very good at fighting characters with multiple jumps (jigglypuff is an even matchup O.o). Watch where u land tho... try not to be shooting an arrow on ur last jump (diddys punish landing lag)... watch for peanuts their amazing for zoning and setting up combos... if diddy has a wall of peanuts and 2 bananas... DO NOT APPROACH... arrow em to approach... Dthrow n Uthrow r important in this matchup... as diddy's dair is amazing but not when it comes to getting outta a juggle it fails.. ;) diddy is all about sheild pressure... try not to get caught up on the ground stuck in sheild... it screams a combo or diddy hump... if diddy is obvious with his foward gt... downB or sideB that crapp...
Watch his movement when he's tryn to setup bananas or get one he throw short of u... he sometimes will expect u to go for it or sh over it... he can sh fair to punish jumping around, and idk its a bit mindgamey... but the main point is to throw off his banana control... if diddy loses banana control he loses stage control...
For pits that don't know how to play with bananas tbh u shud really learn the basic at's (I will show a few that r key to fight against diddy)
-sheild bouncing (when diddy throws a banana u sheild it, it will pop up a bit u jump and catch with z (grab button)]
-glidetossing (banana in hand...sheild/roll... at the startup with ur roll throw banana with a (quicker, shorter throw in direction of roll) or c stick (a teeny bit slower, longer throw in direction of cstick)...
U can glidetoss and combo out of it like fsmash,dsmash or whatever... its very useful
Instant throw (airdodge > a... I set my attack button to L for this AT... its very fast timing but easy.... it pretty much catches n throws the banana right back... amazing at )
Mess around with them they r quite useful...

Airgame: its really close pits airiels are alright but watch diddy's fair.. its fast lots of knockbak.... stay defenseive in air... use ur jumps wisely... don't do something that might be risky, ... just be pacient and watch diddys movement that's how ull get round him... but. Id say its evenish...

Offstage... pit wins, get diddy offstage and arrowgimp... he will attemp to side b ledge alot... intercept em... force rocket barrels... and just do whatever to gimp him... when ur offstage just arrow and make it bak to the stage... watch for diddys mix'ups. He will fair or dair on occasion... bananas being thrown and peanutss [if u get forced to up b be on ur toes like always]...

Oh and if diddy is off edge and he's charging barrles right perpendicular below and u have a banana... jumpoff and dthrow banana.... its an easy k.o. (n commonsense]

So yea... tbh its winnable... I beat diddys in some friendlies last week with pit...
Ban PS1 or yoshi's imo... diddy is good there and u can't recover as well for obvious reasons... Take Diddy brinstar or RC... Diddy is realy good on the boat on RC so play passive there... Brinstar is eh... a good diddy can abuse that stage and camp with a banana bouncing on those gay fungus things with peanuts... oh and just an fyi a good diddy can rocketbarrel spike u thru stage ;]
55:45diddy.... but its alright
(This is all my opinion cuz of my diddy knowledge but I lack matchup exp but I know diddy and pit pretty well. It was my 1st tourny in a while and I super improved.... I also decieded imma diddy/pit at tournys cuz my pit is actually decent.. :D)

Conti

Smash Ace
Yoshi's and Ps1 are both bad for pit tbh... but ps1 is a bit better because u can duck under the stage to dodge gimp attempts n stuff... Yoshi's is the worst for majority of his matchups... if not all...

IrisKong

Smash Lord
There was a miss understanding from one of the posters, I was asked not to delete them, so for now I will turn them back to how they were before until i can talk to IrisKong and see what he wants to do.
You spoke to me...now what?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island, the list goes on.

Shy guys
No bottom stage,
Ledge makes it hard to attack onto stage.
Annoying platform for AT's or aerial spacing.
Small so you don't have alot of freedom.
Fail/or more successful chaingrabs.
WOI options..
Pikachu.... =_=, wait this is diddy, same difference except we have high WOI recovery.

Aside what Conti Said, diddy's are more experienced with the nanars and we should apply the techniques they have for them. Especially with our OMFGHAX sliding range.
WOI dashing over a banana is definitely safer than, dash attacking.

There is a supposed banana infinite we can do, but I don't think anyone can successfully do it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Don't rely on mirror shield to reflect things unless if you KNOW your opponent is going to throw it at you (AKA, they don't know how to glide toss downwards) because they can just Diddy Hump you out of it, or throw the banana anywhere BUT at you > grab.

Remember, every time you hit Diddy, he gets his sideB back.

Recovering under the stage is very difficult for Diddy to punish if he's offstage (if not, just mix it up and recover intelligently, he can't hit you under the stage with anything unless if he's nearby).

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
@Dekar173

And what if we use our Angel ring?
Isn't is better than mirror shielding?

Conti

Smash Ace
I think his sideB's kick will clash with it but ull get hit forsure... not 100% but that attack has very good priotity... and as for AR vs MS it can be better but it can be worse tbh its all situational... I think mirror sheild is better at a distance... idk tbh

Also for yoshi's and PS1 just another few things...
Yoshi's is diddy's worst neutral he will most likely not take you there unless he knows this matchup verywell... (hard to recover n gets easily gimpd here)
Also PS1 is actually a pretty good diddy stage... when in is regular state stay defensive as diddy can control it nicely... watch for wall nanr locks and use the stages transformations to ur advabtage... less stage for diddy to work with but h can still do well

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for all the languages problems... but i would like to know what the hell is TBH =x
;D

Brazil rocks ;D

Top Bottom