• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Video Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
@ LiL.Will LiL.Will go ahead and make a new thread. Apprently the fucntion to give ownership isn't there anymore :(

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Sorry about the lack of updates. I haven't played smash in quite some time, but I did update the OP with some new tournament matches.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Every big tournament there should definitely be some new videos ofc for us to watch.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
ZeRo shows Diddy is still as viable than ever, but no longer overpowered. I wish they left Diddy's forward air alone or didn't nerf it to the extent they did though.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Heres some 1.0.6 gameplay.
Advice is always appreciated.
Also the reason I wasent following up off Dthrow sometimes was because I was trying to bait an airdodge and get a kill with barrels.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
F Air still killing from mid-stage is a nice sight to see. I am still not really trying to make kills with it, but it's nice to see it's still a possibility! Nice match overall to. Nice and fluid play just as Diddy is meant to be played.

busken

Smash Ace
@ chimpact chimpact thanks for updating the OP. I understand you're busy af but updating it at least 1 a week would be really helpful :]
@N4N3RZ thanks for the diddy videos they help this board alot.

I also feel like this board is dying; I think if we all bring together are contributions we can really help the board.
@ DeLux DeLux please don't hesistate to lock unesscary threads!

Conti

Smash Ace
is this not a critique thread?( jw cuz i feel dumb if its supposed to be like guides and top level play n stuff lol)
if so we should make one

Last edited:

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
is this not a critique thread?( jw cuz i feel dumb if its supposed to be like guides and top level play n stuff lol)
if so we should make one
I second this, we could really use a critique thread. I don't have any new videos for post-nerf yet, but I think going over them with other Diddys would be incredibly useful once i have them.

Conti

Smash Ace
I second this, we could really use a critique thread. I don't have any new videos for post-nerf yet, but I think going over them with other Diddys would be incredibly useful once i have them.
Eh it seems like this page more suiting for metagame technique videos and top level play. [archives of good gameplays so you have an idea of how to go about a matchup/ect]

Since those gameplays are me mainly getting merked honestly, I edited my post, probably just gunna make a critique thread myself :3 Diddy boards needs it :p

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
should i use twitch vods too?

its more annoying to watch twitch because you can't view it on mobile and have to skip to the games itself.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Found a new set from ZeRo here vs Xzaz's Mario / Fox / Captain Falcon : http://www.twitch.tv/fadgames/c/6648760

Real amazing gameplay, I really suggest you all checking this out. ZeRo throwing around those nerfed F Airs and U Airs in strings is an amazing sight to see, and he's supporting of the Kong Kause cause look at his shirt.

:4diddy: is still alive and kicking!

Last edited:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Feel free to let me knw about any yt tournament vids. a lot of the VODS from twitch dont get uploaded til a couple weeks later.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
MVG's hosting a tournament I believe called revelations so expecct some diddy kong streamed piloted by m2k/zero

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I updated the OP with revelation 2 videos, an OOMBA weekly, Aquafire, and UGC Niagara.

seems m2k kinda fell off since the patch which is unfortunate.

June 5th edit. dont want to quadruple post lol

Where are all the diddy's in tour? i can't find any videos.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace

This Diddy Kong player (DJ Fliphop) from Texas adapted to the balance patch well. He definitely needs to not use so many up airs, but that's a habit difficult to break. Damn patch wrecking Diddy's up air. It's pretty much only safe after up throw.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Very smooth gameplay by DJ Fliphop. Am gonna try and search for more videos of his Diddy. That F Air and Side B usage is amazing, and am somewhat proud that I've been doing similar moves before I saw this vid with Diddy. Kind of a reassurance that I've been playing right. Love how he uses Up B as an offensive tool to. I think D Smash should be a new good friend of us Diddy mains to. Been thinking so since last patch, but now am really quite sure it's one of our better moves. Side B to U Tilt at low %s is also clever!

And am feeling that our matchup vs Roy might actually be quite even. Nothing good or bad to be said otherwise about it. His mobility is good enough to match ours, and his grabs do lead up to good follow ups it seems, and he can kill us much easier than we can kill him. Might just be because the matchup needs more time to really work around Roy's strenghts and weaknesses, but as of now, i think it could be even.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Roy kills diddy easier but it's hard for hiim to get the initial hit because of diddy's mobility.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Any videos of CEO and especially ZeRo and MVD's matches have surfaced yet? Really thristy for some 1.08 Diddy ass whooping atm <3

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Thanks for posting some of my videos. I faced M2K at the Weekly in Houston this past Sunday. I beat him in Winners side 2-1, then lost to him 3-2. Not much Rosalina EXP over here, but I adapted well.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Thanks for posting some of my videos. I faced M2K at the Weekly in Houston this past Sunday. I beat him in Winners side 2-1, then lost to him 3-2. Not much Rosalina EXP over here, but I adapted well.
What do you think of the latest balance patch and Diddy Kong's overall viability in the future?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Diddy still seems pretty viable. IMO, you will need a strong banana game to do well moving forward. He still a top 8 character to me.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Diddy still seems pretty viable. IMO, you will need a strong banana game to do well moving forward. He still a top 8 character to me.
How do you feel Diddy Kong currently fares against Shiek and Rosalina? Some people feel Rosalina is currently an unwinnable matchup at the highest levels of play.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think Diddy's really strong to. Was kind of upset how MVD lost to Nairo's Dark Pit, of all characters... But it seems seem evident after CEO that Diddy is still a character with high potential. If Sheik gets nerfed next patch, and Diddy is untouched, I think he can move up quite a bit.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
If Sheik gets nerfed next patch, and Diddy is untouched, I think he can move up quite a bit.
This applies to pretty much every character in the game. Diddy Kong was one of Shiek's worst matchups until 1.0.8, yet after the latest balance patch, all of her matchups seem so much in her favor, it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom