• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong-Sonic MU?

silverdahog53

Smash Rookie
Hi, I play Diddy and my cousin plays Sonic. We are both pretty close to each other skill wise, and our matches
are usually 50/50. I did realize that for most opponents I'll try and see what I can and can't do but when I play Sonic,
I have no time to think and just go in. Any tips and things I should/should not be doing? All help is greatly appreciated :)

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I play Diddy and my cousin plays Sonic. We are both pretty close to each other skill wise, and our matches
are usually 50/50. I did realize that for most opponents I'll try and see what I can and can't do but when I play Sonic,
I have no time to think and just go in. Any tips and things I should/should not be doing? All help is greatly appreciated :)
Don't pull out a banana if sonic is on the ground no matter how far away he is, (he will find you) . Sonic's down b roll goes over bananas , so you know he is doing that one 90% of the time. Diddy Kong's side b Grab will beat it out if he is being predictable and you see it coming, and Sonic's weight makes for a free followup.
Don't let him get momentum or you will eat big damage, and they are both pretty much good on the same stages, so no real counter picks, you just have to outplay him.

silverdahog53

Smash Rookie
Don't pull out a banana if sonic is on the ground no matter how far away he is, (he will find you) . Sonic's down b roll goes over bananas , so you know he is doing that one 90% of the time. Diddy Kong's side b Grab will beat it out if he is being predictable and you see it coming, and Sonic's weight makes for a free followup.
Don't let him get momentum or you will eat big damage, and they are both pretty much good on the same stages, so no real counter picks, you just have to outplay him.
Awesome! Thanks! :) I'll try it out!

Top Bottom