• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong glitch

O'Quirk

Smash Rookie
If Diddy Kong is in the animation of his Up Throw to the point where his arm is fully extended above his head when Snake's Up Smash Mortar lands on him, he will be frozen in this funny pose until you get hit or pushed off the stage far enough to grab an edge. Yes, when other characters walk into him he is pushed as if he were freely standing. He stands in a manner that must be a frozen frame of his "being hit" animation.

Diddy Kong cannot do anything while "frozen" like this. It is basically a free fully charged Forward Smash for Snake if you Up Throw him into a Mortar. Of course, you should never run up and grab a character with an exploding hit-box falling down on them.

Random tangent time.

By the way...use Dash Attack to punish Snake protecting himself with Mortars. If you hit him with the beginning of the animation instead of rolling to him with the start up of the move, it leaves him launched behind you and safely out of Mortar range. Up Tilt is no longer a good follow up to juggle, but you do not want to chase Snake when he is right above you, anyway.

Dash Attack into Back Aerial strings work well at most of his mid ranged percents (your short jump clears the Mortar explosion and depending on his percent Neutral or Back Aerial along with Forward B/BB are your best offensive follow-ups. Worst case scenario after the first Back Aerial double jump away pulling a Banana in your wake.)

Sorry if this is not posted somewhere else already.
Have a nice day.

IDK

Smash Lord
i was hoping i would be the first reply. i was gonna tell people not to flame him too bad. it's his first post. welcome to SWF by the way. oh and hey vyse, ur yellow diddy now? just looking at ur sig... or has that always been?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I was getting sick of Purple Diddy, so I switched to Yellow Diddy.
: D

I've got the whole 'Yellow/Gold' theme going with my account right now. Even my username is an orangy gold.

Heh, maybe I should go with this 'LemonChiffon' color for my posts too :laugh:

Top Bottom