• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Combo Guide

Luigi player

Smash Master
dtilt -> dtilt / dsmash / fair / uair / sometimes other stuff (like grab), but it doesn't really combo
utilt -> utilt / uair / bair
nair (landing) -> utilt / uair
bair -> bair / uair
fair -> fair (landing fair (no landinglag) then jumping again and fairing again, can work at low %)
uair -> uair / fair
dash attack -> uair / fair
dthrow -> uair / fair / bair / dair (if they don't airdodge)
banana -> anything

nair can also work to follow up some of these, but is almost always an inferior option imo (since it's damage is very low (~6%) and it's laggy).

alonecuzzo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2422-6131
dtilt -> dtilt / dsmash / fair / uair / sometimes other stuff (like grab), but it doesn't really combo
utilt -> utilt / uair / bair
nair (landing) -> utilt / uair
bair -> bair / uair
fair -> fair (landing fair (no landinglag) then jumping again and fairing again, can work at low %)
uair -> uair / fair
dash attack -> uair / fair
dthrow -> uair / fair / bair / dair (if they don't airdodge)
banana -> anything

nair can also work to follow up some of these, but is almost always an inferior option imo (since it's damage is very low (~6%) and it's laggy).
Thanks! Going to practice some of these tonight.

Arbitation

Smash Rookie
I don't have a human player to test against, but you can do an up-B on the ground and immediately crash it in to the ground for an easy 25-28% (ish). Only character I've tested it against was Villager. It worked from 14% to 45%.

Sure, it does 5% to you, but the shield knockback makes it hard to punish.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Oh god here comes another broken combo from Diddy, if Sakurai ever gets a balancing update, we ALL know Diddy is going to get a nerf in % in his combos.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I don't have a human player to test against, but you can do an up-B on the ground and immediately crash it in to the ground for an easy 25-28% (ish). Only character I've tested it against was Villager. It worked from 14% to 45%.

Sure, it does 5% to you, but the shield knockback makes it hard to punish.
the input for this is tricky, so for those confused, when you end up back on the ground in your rocketbarells you have to hold the direction opposite the one you're facing in. You're facing right, input left for boom, and vice versa.

Top Bottom