• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong B Move Thread

smashbot226

Smash Master
Time to review my favorite char's B moveset!

B: YAY! DK64 memoir! A mediocre one as well. Chargeability saves it from substandardness, but the extra effect of healing yourself (or foes) is definitely useful.

B^: I love, but am confused by, this move. The damage can be from alright to almighty, the boost in height and distance is astounding, and the effect if you are hit during it sounds sick, but the aiming could get a bit... awkward.

BV: I find this one disappointing. Throwing out items is an old mov by Peach, but BANANA PEELS??? I know he is a monkey, but seriously, this move rarely lives up to expectations! If enemies can turn it against you, it isn't reliable.

B>: I like this move. Command throws are always fun. Just like Bowser''s, this move makes me giggle with joy as I watch Diddy rack up the damage meter. Rocketboost, Tilt Uair, aerial dair, and as soon as they recover, B side. Lovin it...

Kentalish

Smash Lord
u might as well say what the moves are named man Down B if u could time it right u could probably edge gaurd with it.

the up b u have full controll when its fully charged

did u go to e for all?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yes, but I didn't get ful playtime with Diddy, as I got being killed by the hordes of Meta Knight mainers...

HE ISNT TOP TIER PEOPLE!!!!

Back on topic, thx for telling me. I don't fully charge it because you sometimes don't need to.

phate

Smash Apprentice
I don't get his down b at all. Does he throw it on the ground and people slip on it or what?

smashbot226

Smash Master
BV: He tosses a Banana Peel item over his head. Similar to Peach's BV, except it doesn't disappear if it hits the ground.

B>: A leap that is also a command throw. Like Boozer's, except faster but weaker.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
This may be a silly question, but what do you mean by "command throw?" You say it's like Bowsers, but I am having trouble imagining that. Are you saying Diddy leaps forard onto the opponent, and flips them around/body slams them? Also, what can you do if you choose not to throw the opponent? You know how Bowser can just hold you and take bites outta you, so what does Diddy do, smack them?

Also from what I can tell, the vB move, banana peel toss, seems really lame. Like... what? The banana peel is already in the game as an item! They couldn't at least make it a giant peel? It just doesn't feel like it sets him apart very much from the other characters. Altogether though, I still can't wait to try him out ^.^

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
While I did play as Diddy for a few rounds at E for All, I never really utilized (or used, for that matter) his down-B move. For anyone else that did play as him, are you able to influence the trajectory of the banana peels in any way after you throw them? Think Yoshi's egg toss, except....you know, backwards.

If you can't even do that, then (at least right now) it looks like a fairly pointless move.

Orange Grenades for Brawl!

KingDedede2

Smash Cadet
m starting to re think if i will main him or to make him my secondary cause he seems so cool guess il just wait to see hoe King DEdede is

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'd like a few more details on his Side Special too, please.

I think I've seen it in videos. He dashes a short bit forward and grabs his opponent. From there I'm a little fuzzy. I know he can attack his enemy while holding them, but throws, too? Clarification would be helpful, thanks. :)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Yo, Smashbot, update this **** eh? So ppl stop making a bunch of move-related threads. It would help out a lot. If you don't feel like it, ask some1 else to, or something. Just trying to keep this place organized...

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Diddy's got a pretty cool moveset. My favorite move would have to be the Peanut Pop Gun.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Yes, but I didn't get ful playtime with Diddy, as I got being killed by the hordes of Meta Knight mainers...

Back on topic, thx for telling me. I don't fully charge it because you sometimes don't need to.
I am supposed to believe this from somebody who hadn't played Diddy to his full potential?
Just because he isn't easy to use, doesn't make him low tier.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice

So if you didn't play him to his full potential, and you were being killed by better players(or is Meta Knight just cheap?), then who are you to tell us who's top tier or not?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
So if you didn't play him to his full potential, and you were being killed by better players(or is Meta Knight just cheap?), then who are you to tell us who's top tier or not?
That's exactly what..
Metaknight is like Sheik in Melee, combo master.
Kind of like Diddy, with no strong smash attacks.

He can't either.
Nobody can.
Tiers are just a silly way to rank characters based on tournament results.

This angers me.

On a side note, can the banana peel be of controlled range?
For example, lets say you are edgeguarding, can you simply drop a banana straight down somehow?

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
if he doesn't get he's rolling atack, then he loses most of the things I like with him... the peanut gun bothers me a little... don't missunderstand me, but I liked Donkey Kong 64 a lot, but the gun didn't take away the classic atacks from Diddy or anyone of the others... I want he's rolling atack and I want him to slash opponents with he's tail... if he have he's classic atacks on not only gun and yetpack, then he would be good enough for me...

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
if he doesn't get he's rolling atack, then he loses most of the things I like with him... the peanut gun bothers me a little... don't missunderstand me, but I liked Donkey Kong 64 a lot, but the gun didn't take away the classic atacks from Diddy or anyone of the others... I want he's rolling atack and I want him to slash opponents with he's tail... if he have he's classic atacks on not only gun and yetpack, then he would be good enough for me...
The cartwheel is an A attack.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
You do know he has all of that, right?

Top Bottom