• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong AT : PPC - (B-Rev) Perfect PopGun Cancleing [Not IPC]

Conti

Smash Ace
Video Guide/Analysis I finally got to make basically going over what I've been calling PPC. It actually was originally discovered by @Zinoto a while back and MySmashCorner found the alternate version of it aswell by holding R-Prior during another move. I discovered it on my own around the same time but didn't have a CC n was unmotivated -.-

Anyways IPC we know is on the ground, and there are different types of popgun cancles in the air and on the ground you can do, but this cancle is more focused on the Air applications and the standard way every diddy should be doing popgun cancles in the air imo, By holding B-Sheild for a slight duration during the first few frames of popgun.
Check it out ^_^ Yeah my editting blows :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzCzq9TFus&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ahhh I knew this was possible...I was doing it a handful of times but unsure why and how.
Going to add this in the next video if you don't mind with some more applications/reasonings.
Thanks!

Conti

Smash Ace
Nice yeah dude do it up! I just wanted to get this out there hardcore cuz this was like the technique i was like proud doing in tourny, no1 ever sees it coming ^_^ [well they will now -.-] i can't wait to see what else we discover about diddy, it seems like everything involving his movement is amazing, someone should do a guide on his barrels, theres alot involved with how they actually work and how you can use them offensively/to space&bait.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Conti Conti
Thanks, it seems like this movement/tech is going to be great and have quite a few applications.
I might get to barrels eventually...

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've been doing it this way since before Apex, I always thought it was that the shield and the cancel have to be inputted either on the same frame or within 1 frame of each other or else you'd get the air dodge. I use B and R for this and when I tried pressing them on the same frame of each other I'd usually "finish' pressing B first before R since it takes longer for the shoulder buttons to get pressed all the way down so I just started pressing R a tiny bit faster than B and I hadn't had trouble with it ever since.

Top Bottom