• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
^I'd like to see that, but also with some kind of tag option so you could get a brand new move set by tagging back and forth (like zelda/sheik)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I love the idea to. Still I'd rather see Diddy fight alone. But the idea really is awesome. They are adding 2 new DK characters this way. I dont really think Dixie would make it on her own as a playable character, and Diddy COULD be skipped this time to (which I wouldnt like) so having them both as 1 would be just as good. I think I will make a moveset for Diddy & Dixie tag team sometime. Feel free to post suggestions. :D

fluffy

Smash Champion
B: throw banana (u can smack or slip ppl w/ these. lol)
Up + B: use dixie's hair to spin for recovery
Down + B: i have no idea
Forward + B: roll/cartwheel

bad ideas, i know. but the recovery seems reasonable.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Im all for Diddy in SSBB
If you havn't noticed he's appered in the survey 2 times(one alone and one with Dixie).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Animal control said:
i'm look forward for Diddy Kong and i hope they replace him for DK.
Nawh Diddy wont replace DK. DK will 99% sure be in Brawl.

Fluffy the recovery move is ok. Although I think they can come with something better then the banana throw. :p And it'll be cool if Diddy and Dixie could switch places.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
fluffy said:
umm..yea.

idk if sum1 thought of this b4..but what if diddy and dixie kong were like the new ice climbers? that way, theyll hav 2 characters ppl want.
If Diddy and Dixie where a tag team than neither of them could use all their moves but if they were a zelda/sheik thing that would be good and when you press down B to swap your kong jumps into a barrel and the other one comes out.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
He is a good candidate to be in Brawl. I just can't picture him fighting well.
he has fought in ever good game he has been in play DKC 1 & 2. Donkey Kong Land 1 & 2, Donkey Kong 64 and DK: King of Swing.

Also before SSB captain falcon only drove a car.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
primusfan said:
He is a good candidate to be in Brawl. I just can't picture him fighting well.
Well I posted a moveset somewhere. Thats the way I want him to be in there. Also Peach never fought before SSBM to. If you wanna see that moveset, its on the first page to. Most of his moves involve his tail or legs so he'd have an unique fighting style.

primusfan

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
he has fought in ever good game he has been in play DKC 1 & 2. Donkey Kong Land 1 & 2, Donkey Kong 64 and DK: King of Swing.

Also before SSB captain falcon only drove a car.
In the Donkey Kong Country games all he did was roll, right?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
cartweel and stuff but yeah in Donkey Kong 64 he did a lot and he did more fighting than Captain Falcon, Peach, Fox, Falco, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Zelda and Dr Mario (that is before they were added in SSB or SSBM)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
primusfan said:
Well no. Infact, Diddy pulled out more moves from the Donkey Kong Country series then Mario did. Mario jumped on the head and threw fire balls. Well only the fireballs could be used for Smash Bros because jumping on the head could be considered cheap.

Diddy was able to pick Dixie up, throw her. Pick up barrels, doing insane cartwheels and ofcoarse jump on the head. And all the DKC characters where diffrent. DK's roll didnt go as far as Diddy's. DK could do the hand slap well Diddy didnt had something like that but Diddy used the barrels as a shield and DK holded it above his head. DK and Diddy more diffrent then Mario and Luigi.

Also in Mario 64, Mario only used standard fighting moves as punching and kicking. In DK64 there where more characters and this time to Diddy was completly diffrent. Mario's other moves came from items. Diddy did them all on his own and the items he DID used where available at all times except for the Barrel Jet.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong said:
Well no. Infact, Diddy pulled out more moves from the Donkey Kong Country series then Mario did. Mario jumped on the head and threw fire balls. Well only the fireballs could be used for Smash Bros because jumping on the head could be considered cheap.

Diddy was able to pick Dixie up, throw her. Pick up barrels, doing insane cartwheels and ofcoarse jump on the head. And all the DKC characters where diffrent. DK's roll didnt go as far as Diddy's. DK could do the hand slap well Diddy didnt had something like that but Diddy used the barrels as a shield and DK holded it above his head. DK and Diddy more diffrent then Mario and Luigi.

Also in Mario 64, Mario only used standard fighting moves as punching and kicking. In DK64 there where more characters and this time to Diddy was completly diffrent. Mario's other moves came from items. Diddy did them all on his own and the items he DID used where available at all times except for the Barrel Jet.
and the spring pad

xianfeng

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
Oh, whatever. I havent played DK Country in a really long time.
sounds like you havn't ever played donky kong country 1 or 2, donkey kong land 1 or 2, Donkey Kong 64 or DK King of Swing and especially not DK64

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol i though diddy kong and xianfeng were the same person cuz the avatar and sig is like the same.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whaha I know I know same avie and siggy and where to only ones posting in here. Anyways the moveset of Diddy & Dixie team are coming soon. Perhaps tomorrow if Ive got nothing better to do.

primusfan

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
sounds like you havn't ever played donky kong country 1 or 2, donkey kong land 1 or 2, Donkey Kong 64 or DK King of Swing and especially not DK64
Mind your own **** business. I used to have DK 64. I still have DK country and I've played all the others. (excluding DK king of swing)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
Mind your own **** business. I used to have DK 64. I still have DK country and I've played all the others. (excluding DK king of swing)
I was just saying that you clearly don't know about what diddy can do or else you wouldn't have said that you can't picture him fighting well

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well we confirmed now Diddy can fight, he wont be a DK clone and what not?
Time for me I guess to think of a moveset. It'll come perhaps tomorrow or earlier... Or perhaps later?
The problems is, that its hard to think of moves for both characters. Suggestions are still accepted. :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong said:
Well we confirmed now Diddy can fight, he wont be a DK clone and what not?
Time for me I guess to think of a moveset. It'll come perhaps tomorrow or earlier... Or perhaps later?
The problems is, that its hard to think of moves for both characters. Suggestions are still accepted. :p
You have a Diddy moveset but now a Diddy Dixie tag team one hmm keep your diddy one just get rid of the down B and add in some of Tiny's moves for Dixie no one will notice most people thauht they were the same person

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I finally thought of making a moveset for the Diddy and Dixie Duo team. Here it comes.

Diddy's Stats are in Red and Dixie's are in Pink.
Stats:
Strenght: 1,7 / 1.4
Speed: 4.3 / 4.4
Weight: both 2.0
Jumping: 3.4 / 4.6
Size: 2.3 / 2.1
Range: 2.7 / 2.4
Falling Speed: A tad slower then DK / A tad slower then Pikachu

The reason why Diddy and Dixie have diffrent stats is to keep uniqueness in the character.
Plus the two characters are similair yet completly diffrent. The upcoming moves are both preformed togheter, but its slighly more difficult to hit them both as for the Ice Climbers.

Moves:

Here again, Red means the move is preformed by Diddy and Pink means the move is Dixie's.

A: Quick Tail spin, Diddy swings his tail once in front of himself. / Quick Hair spin, Dixie swings her hair in front of herself.
Speed: Normal/Semi-fast
Knockback: Very low.
Damage: 3% each hit
Range: Semi-low/Normal

AA: Tail Spin, Diddy swings his tail at both sides. / Hair Twist, Dixie swings her ponytail at both sides of her.
Speed: Fast / Very Fast
Knockback: Normal/Semi-high / Semi-low/Normal
Damage: 4% each hit.
Range: Semi-High/High

Forward Tilt: Tail Sweep. Diddy sweeps his enemy away with his tail. / Hair Sweep. Dixie slams her opponement with her ponytail.
Speed: Semi-fast / Fast
Knockback: Semi-Low / Low
Damage: 7% / 6%
Range: Semi-High

Up Tilt: Diddy and Dixie both make a quick backflip.
Speed: Semi-fast
Knockback: Normal / Semi-Low/Normal
Damage: 7% each hit
Range: Both Semi-low/Normal

Down Tilt: Tail Sweep. Diddy ducks down and hits his enemy with his tail while he's spinning. / Sweep Kick. Dixie ducks down and shoves her legs to kick.
Speed: Fast / Semi-fast
Knockback: Low
Damage: 5% / 6%
Range: Normal/Semi-High / Normal

Dash Attack: Still my most fav attack: Cartwheel. Diddy makes a cartwheel and rams into the opponement. / Running Tail Sweep. Dixie twists her ponytail and rams into the opponement. Has a little sweetspot
Speed: Very fast. / Fast/Semi-Very Fast (does that word excists? O.o)
Knockback: Tail: Low. Legs: high / Without sweetspot: Normal. With Sweetspot: Normal/Semi-high
Damage: When he hits with the tail only 5%. With the legs he does 9% damage each leg. / Without Sweetspot: 6%. With Sweetspot: 8%
Range: With the tail its normal/ semi-high with Diddy's legs its normal. / High

As you see Diddy's A moves haven't changed much. This is because I like his A moves and because if this character is in, then Diddy Kong alone isn't in Brawl so really it doesnt care.

Air Moves:

Neutral Air: Aerial Tail Spin. Diddy spins his tail two times around him self. Covers both sides. / Aerial Arm Spin. Dixie twists her arms around herself. (Similair to Ness's)
Speed: Fast
Knockback: Semi-High / Semi-low/Normal
Damage: 9% / 8%
Range: Semi-High / Normal

Forward Air: Chimp Fist. Diddy and Dixie both quickly punches the foe infront of them. (Same as Sheik's)
Knockback: Normal/Semi-High / Normal
Damage: 11% / 9%
Range: Normal

Back Air: Back Kick. Diddy and Dixie both strentch their feet for a kick attack. (Same as DK's only faster and less powerfull)
Speed: Fast / Fast/Very Fast
Knockback: Normal
Damage: 9% each hit.
Range: Normal

Down Air: Monkey Meteor. Diddy and Dixie stomp their enemy with both feet to send them downwards. (Same as DK's)
Speed: Semi-fast
Knockback: Normal/Semi-high
Damage: 10% each hit.
Range: Low

Up Air: Flying Uppercut. Diddy punches his enemy upwards. / Backflip. Dixie makes a backflip and hits the foe with her feet.
Speed: Semi-Fast / Fast
Knockback: Semi-High / Normal/ Semi-High
Damage: 12% / 10%
Range: Semi-low/Normal / Normal

Yet Diddy's moves havent changed to. Same reason as above. However just like his A moves I toned some of them down to balance it. Next moves are totally diffrent then the solo Diddy Kong moveset.

Special Moves:

B: Pickup. Diddy or Dixie climbs on his or her partners shoulders. You are able to walk and jump while holding the other Kong. You can also toss the other Kong at you opponement. Your partner will be hurled up like a ball and gives good damage and knockback. However if you miss your partnet lies down for a while and can only be saved for a counterattack if the other Kong touches the other.
Speed: The jump on the back is very quick. However the walking speed of the apes will be cutted by alot. The throw is pretty fast.
Knockback: High/Very High
Damage: 21%
Range: Travels a little shorter then Yoshi''s Egg throw.

Up+B: Barrel Jet. Diddy pulls out his Barrel Jet to return back to the stage. Similair to Fox's Fire Fox but it's controllable like Ness's PK Thunder only not as flexable. While recovering Dixie holds Diddy. / Ponytail Swirl. Dixie uses her hair to float back to the stages like a helicopter. While flying Diddy holds her legs. Very similair to DK's recovery.
Speed: A little bit of lag afterwards perhaps. Flying speed same as the Fire Fox. / The flying speed is the same as DK's. No landing lag afterwards.
Knockback and Damage: If Diddy flies into you it's 12%. However if the Barrel Jet hits you (fiery effect) it will do 16% damage and it will spike you. / The move only hurts when your hit by Dixie's ponytail. This has the same effect as the Spinning Kong. 2% Damage each hit.
Range: It recovers just as good as Fox's Fire Fox. / It travels farther then DK.

Smash B: Orange Grenate. The Kong in the front throws a bomb looking much like a orange at you. The bomb can bounce 3 times and then it explodes.
Speed: Short afterlag. The grenate travels a little bit faster then Pikachu's Thunder Jolt.
Knockback: High.
Damage: 16%
Range: All depends on how the Orange grenate bounces.

Down+B: Simian Switch. The Kongs switch places. In the begin of the match Diddy is in the front and his attacks have more priority then Dixie. However if they switch Dixie walks in front and her attacks have more priority. Also the grab animation and the recovery are diffrent from the couple.
Knockback: -
Damage: -
Range: -

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Kong Klap. Diddy and Dixie clap their foe with all their might. (Similair to DK)
Speed: Fast / Fast/Very Fast
Knockback: Normal.
Damage: Uncharged: 18% / 16% Charged: 22% / 20%
Range: Semi-High

Upward Smash: Backflip. (Similair to Pikachu's)
Speed: Fast. No startup lag and almost unnoticable afterward lag.
Knockback: Tail: Semi-low/Normal. Legs: Semi-high/High / She has no tail so... Normal.
Damage: Uncharged: 16% Charged: 22%. If hit by the Legs it will add 2% more damage charged and uncharged. / Uncharged: 15% Charged: 20%
Range: Tail: High. Legs: Normal/Semi-low / Normal

Down Smash: Tail Sweep. (Same as Yoshi's) / Swirling Simian. Dixie makes a breakdance move on the ground and hits her foes with his ponytail and her legs.
Speed: Same as Yoshi's. Same lag after ward to. / Very Fast! Same speed as Sheik's.
Knockback: Lower then Yoshi's. It would be Semi-Low. / Semi-Low/Normal
Damage: Uncharged: 13% Charged: 16% / Uncharged 14% Charged 16%
Range: Farther then Yoshi which would make it like High. / Semi-High

Grabs and Throws:

Grab: Diddy grabs his foe with both hands and attacks them by giving them headbuts. (Same as Ness) / Dixie grabs her foe with her ponytail. Has long reach.
Speed: Fast. No afterwards lag.
Range: Same as Ness / Very High!

Forward Throw: Simian Swing. Diddy throws his opponement as far as he can. (Like Pikachu's Fthrow in N64. <3) Can't possible be chained. / The Cargo. Dixie lifts her foe with the tail. This goes the same as DK's Fthrow but she moves and jumps much faster. The DK grab combo from Melee is possible.

Down Throw: Pesky Punishment. Diddy throws you down while Dixie quickly jumps on the foe.

Back Throw: Diddy Roll. Diddy grabs you rolls backwards and then kicks you away. Similair to Pikachu's only higher knockback. / Just Back throw. Dixie lifts the enemy with her hair and throws them back. Same as DK's backthrow.

Up Throw: Headbut. Diddy throws you up but since he isn't that strong he adds an headbut to throw you up in the sky. Low knockback. / Dixie lifts her enemy again but this time she throws them in the air. Semi-High knockback.

Mic.:

Taunt: Diddy grabs his boombox and Dixie plays the guitar.

Costumes:
Normal: Red cap with a red shirt and brown fur. / Pink barret with a pink shirt. Blonde ponytail.
Blue: Purple cap with a purlpe shirt and blue fur. / Purple barret and a purple shirt. A mix between red and purple ponytail.
Green: Green cap with a green shirt and darker green fur. / Green barret with a green shirt. Orange ponytail.
Yellow: Yellow cap with a yellow shirt and orange fur. / Yellow barret and a yellow shirt. Blonde ponytail.

Kirby Hat: Diddy's cap or Dixie's barret and her ponytail.

This was the moveset for Diddy and Dixie Duo team. Phew Im gald im done, still this was pretty fun to do. =)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I definatly want Diddy Kong in it, as he's still one of my favorite DKC characters. Though I'd be more impressed by K. Rool's appearance (and for once he actually has quite a large chance), Diddy's been deserving waaaaaaaaaaaay longer. And was also oddly absent from Melee, even as a trophey. A Diddy & Dixie team would be neat, but unlike the Ice Climbers, Diddy and Dixie Kong seem to different to each other to be carbon copies of each other.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Muffin_man said:
I definatly want Diddy Kong in it, as he's still one of my favorite DKC characters. Though I'd be more impressed by K. Rool's appearance (and for once he actually has quite a large chance), Diddy's been deserving waaaaaaaaaaaay longer. And was also oddly absent from Melee, even as a trophey. A Diddy & Dixie team would be neat, but unlike the Ice Climbers, Diddy and Dixie Kong seem to different to each other to be carbon copies of each other.
DIddy would be a better choice than krool and has a better chance

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I was trying to point that out. I really ment how they switched in DKC1 but the one of DKC2 is a bit better. :p

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Im not a big fan of Diddy (mostly because he was sooooo annoying in the Donkey Kong Country tv series) but if he makes it in, so be it. If it came down to either K. Rool or Diddy, the BIG STUPID LIZARD gets my vote. A) There aren't enough villains, B) There aren't enough heavy characters C) There are already tons of light characters (this is different from B in a subtle fashion) D) King K. Rool just RULES!! and is stupid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aww well never mind it. One moveset is more then enough. Btw you got msn or something? PM your adress to me if you have. :)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Krytha said:
Im not a big fan of Diddy (mostly because he was sooooo annoying in the Donkey Kong Country tv series) but if he makes it in, so be it. If it came down to either K. Rool or Diddy, the BIG STUPID LIZARD gets my vote. A) There aren't enough villains, B) There aren't enough heavy characters C) There are already tons of light characters (this is different from B in a subtle fashion) D) King K. Rool just RULES!! and is stupid.
the DK tv series is not affliated with he games at all and if it came down to Diddy and Krool for SSBB I think that Sakurai would choose Diddy

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Most DKC fans don't even really like the DKC TV show anyway as it was poorly written, the character models were horrendous and they constantly broke into song.

If/ when Diddy appears in Brawl, do you think he'll still have his peanut guns? 'Cause Snake had to give up his guns, (though that's sort of an unfair comparison), so I guess some Metal Gear fans would complain about Diddy not having to give up his. Not that I'd want him to, just an observment.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
There's a big difference, Snake shoots bullets, Diddy shoots peanuts, they shouldn't be compared.

Top Bottom