• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy is basically all the franchise needs to have fair representation I think. But of coarse I wouldn't mind having K.Rool as well. Anyways, this thread is dead people! We have to find something Diddy related to discuss! D:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
cause he's had nintendo on it since, what, the beginning? why change it now?

He didn't had it in DKC for the SNES. And I don't remember Diddy ever having the logo on his hat when he was playable, except for DK64 and now Brawl.

The reason why Diddy has the Nintendo logo might be cause of the fact that in DKC2 he officially became a 'video game hero' after DKC.

This is a render from DKC2 showing the Nintendo logo on Diddy's hat for the first time.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I've grown too accustomed to the hat, if they were to change it I probably wouldn't like it. God I can't wait to play as Diddy.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Diddy's finally in SSB. I've been wanting his add since SSBM. His FS looks awesome and he himself, is looking to be a fun character to play as.

Noxin

Smash Cadet
I think it's kinda cool that he is gonna be in brawl but i just dont really know how effective he will be

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
he looks to me like sheik replacement iono or something totally new ether way it will be awesome.I'M maining wario!!!!!1<';'>

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm so glad he is in this, probably gonna play around with him before anyone else.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Dammit, this sucks. I haven't been to this thread in forever and now there's basically nothing to talk about...except how baller Diddy looked in today's SSE video update.

Diddy IS Brawl

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I got to say i like Donkey a bit better then diddy, but diddy id still eiher my 4th favorite or the 5th... I loved the DK genre since the country times,and even my mom like thse games! So you can say the DK crew runs in our family, still i think that its weird that diddy id the most explosive character O.o

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I haven't seen any "Diddy Kong user" tags on this whole board...I'm hoping I missed some and they do in fact exist?

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
I wish he would put other kongs in this game also like tiny and lanky. but i guess im happy with diddy. the thing is i thought they were going to put diddy in melee and the other kongs in this one (assuming it would be one after melee). I guess they might be in the next one though. but i dont think u can get much better than brawl.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
All of the for ATs

And Diddy can use his jumps after SideB! Like wtf?!?! He has quite the recovery. And his edgeguard game is very diverse. Looks like bananas and peanuts will just cause havoc, then he can chimpy charge spike on kick over a good distance and jump back with ease. And his fsmash reminds me of Pichus but he has some momentum. Good horizontal air speed and strong Bair and Fairs. His grab game is good and he has a fast spike. Things are adding up for the Diddy mainers.

He's got some competition though. Yoshi seems to be a charafcter that would just own a Diddy. Almost everything Yoshi does is like a Diddy counter. Invicible frames, multiple UpB recovery, good range attacks, good air speed all around and I think his butslam and eggtoss are gonna be deadly against Diddys.
His non-cancle DJ is gonna disable any barrel recovery too.
This is gonna be a good game :p

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong is my favorite Kong. I'm glad that he made it, the little guy deserved it. I can't wait to try him out.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112025

Read the last post by me if you guys didnt notice this already.

Is anyone else stoked that this music made it in? It was one of my favorite tunes in DKC 2 :)
Oh man, am I ever.

DKC was probably one of the best games besides Smash I had ever played.
The almost jungle-like beats sooth the soul.

Perfect for a Diddy mainer and DKC lover.

:)

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112025

Read the last post by me if you guys didnt notice this already.

Is anyone else stoked that this music made it in? It was one of my favorite tunes in DKC 2 :)
Never played DKC2. Only DKL2 on Game Boy, but nonetheless...that was by far my FAVORITE track. Thanks a ton for pointing that out. I can't wait to hear how it's remixed into Brawl.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
Diddy does deserve to be in this next smash. He has fought alongside Donkey Kong with so many games. and Diddy won't really be a clone to Donkey because I bet everyone can think of Diddy specialty moves. Banana peel anyone?
Dixie would be a longshot but would be a clone of Diddy in a way.
Too bad they couldn't put the whole Kong family........nvm, that's either an awesome idea but probably a horrible one that will never happen.
King K. Rool has a good chance as he's on Sakurai's poll...
Yeah, a banana peel would be a fitting move for Diddy, and totally not broken at all. K. Rool would be a good fit for smash too, but I doubt he'll get in though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa this thread brings back memories!! Thanks for bumping this! I'll read this through whenever I got the time! :D

Top Bottom