• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did they modify the graphics at all in the Melee stages?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Though they can't EXACTLY copy and paste these maps, i am sure they did not take up that much develpoent time.

as for the graphics, the look slighty stronger, but not updated, which is fine with me... adds a bit of retro to it.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yes, they are update graphically. Yoshi's Island is a good example. Corneria is the biggest difference of them all. The Arwing and Lasers are definately updated and you can now see all the new textures on the Great Fox that wasn't there in Melee.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, they are update graphically. Yoshi's Island is a good example. Corneria is the biggest difference of them all. The Arwing and Lasers are definately updated and you can now see all the new textures on the Great Fox that wasn't there in Melee.
I'm glad it wasn't just me, even Rainbow Ride's ship has a different texture coloring to it. Corneria looks crisper and everything about them has a lighter look or darker look in difference compared to Melee.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well the acid look diferent ,yoshi iland look diferent to me but i dunno what is it

they leave th e bloky moutain in Rainbow Ride the same probaly to keep the mario 64 amosphire

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
The stages DO look better overall

And some minor things are changed.

Other than that, not really.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Nope. I wish they had though. The graphics change from 64 to Melee was huge, so it actually felt retro.
Now it looks like they just didn't try.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Thats the ONLY car I remember from that horrible level.
Do you know how weird that would be?
Donkey Kong 64 and Kirby Dream Land 64 coming back? Although I admit Kirby Dream Land 64 was by FAR one of the best stages in Melee, along with Donkey Kong as you can see by my Location, (It was a joke by another competitve Smasher, don't be like "LULZ NUBNUBNUB" :/) But, I personally wish he'd Buff the graphics for the N64 stages so I can get my DL64 back. :/
Well technically, those stages were in melee and could still be in Brawl because of that, but we wont be seeing any of the stages from ssb that weren't like the good version of peaches castle.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who hopes for SSB64 stages that weren't in Melee? Hyrule Castle and Sector Z, anyone?

I guess I did hear one person mention Saffron City...

I'd love for Hyrule Castle and Saffron to come back. Also, I gotta have Kirby 64 again. That was the stage in 64 and Melee that I would play forever.

Top Bottom