• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI properly

NinjaChopper

Smash Rookie
NNID
88Zack88
Hey everyone, my friend on here CommanderRed and I have been wondering for a while is how to DI properly when flung off stage. This would help a lot. Thanks to people who reply.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hey everyone, my friend on here CommanderRed and I have been wondering for a while is how to DI properly when flung off stage. This would help a lot. Thanks to people who reply.
In short, for moves that send you away and slightly up (most strong moves) DI up and slightly toward center stage. For fox usmash and other moves that send you up, DI away.

DI'ing perpendicular to knockback trajectory limits the distance you travel the most, but sometimes DI'ing toward the corners of the screen is more important. In which case you're normally DI'ing somewhat close to perpendicular but not quite.

Think about where you're at onstage and what move is hitting you. If you're Samus at high percent and get sent to the right by Doc's fair on the left side of dreamland, it's better to DI closer to down and away than to try typical survival DI, which will get you KO'd sooner (you'll fly off the top of the screen). Down and away will send you far offstage to the right but you'll live and can recover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom