• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI in Brawl (/_^)

Jiikuru

Smash Rookie
Although I'm sure most of you understand DI fully, I still find difficulty in grasping all the methods...:dizzy:

Please bear with me :urg:
[referring me to threads explaining this would also be extremely helpful]

From my understanding,

1) Normal DI is done by holding the control stick while being hit and after to go in the wanted direction [so as not to be KO'd].

----(does DI'ing before being hit add to this effect?) - [is 'Normal DI' the proper term?]----:confused:

2) I have heard of the term 'Smash DI' in which
Smash DI= the control stick is tapped - as in a smash - to an effect greater and better than Normal DI.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(how exactly should the control stick be 'tapped' to get the best effects? Should I give strong intense jolts to the stick or is a faster quick tapping motion better? Does the intensity of this motion even matter?
-------------------------
Is Smash DI ALWAYS better than Normal DI, or is it situational)?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3) Is there any other ways of DI besides these 2 methods??? :confused:

[From what I’ve tried (not extensively) is DI with jumping….
Or, as in the case of Pit, WoI (his Up B) with DI…..] - has anyone else tried these experiments? Does up-B help when flying out or perhaps before?? ]

at times I find myself watching (while Normal DI'ing) as my character flies off the screen to oblivion. :ohwell:
I can't become a great smasher if I lack in understanding .....
so Thanks Smashboard Users for anything helpful! (^_^)

~P.S: and who knows!!, perhaps this'll help many others who don't fully understand DI!!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
theres a big thread on DI and brawl physics. ill link to you in a while

Top Bottom