• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Di Ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fino

Smash Master
Well, given olimar's superior aerial maneuverability, he has insane DI. I'm just curious to know what's the highest percent that you guys have lived to due to good DI.
My remembrance is 224% against a R.O.B.

~Fino

(Note: exclude whistles)

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
Well 999% but I was at a matges place with this stage that had 1 hole to get out otherwise it was a box:laugh: , no serious I have lived to 301% vs a mario.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
?! uh, what moves do you use in air to reduce the knockback besides air dodging? cause i need to know how to live through stuff like that, my highest was like 180% against a metaknight btw

BobSmith006

Smash Cadet
The highest I've survived is right around 200%. However, I've heard (never witnessed) that someone survived up around 400% because of the Whistle SA.

Fino

Smash Master
Whistle is TOO good, 562% against a samus *saved replay* lol.

But to dabuz. You can do a lot of different things. first off you need to either tap DI or quarter circle DI. after that it's up to you to use aerials, air dodge, jump.... whatever you think works best for you. I've never really tested it out with olimar. Some characters benefit from aerials the most, some characters benefit from aerial dodges the most.

~Fino

EDIT: It seems to be near 200% is the consensus for maximum olimar survivability disregarding whistle

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm pretty sure air dodging was proven to do nothing. As olimar, when your're hit away, di to the direction of the stage, and maybe up or down also depending on the trajectory. while doing that, hit the c-stick so you do fair (which i think is his fastest, but frame data would be nice). I don't think quarter circle di is used for living, that's used for getting out of things like aaa combos and such.

Fino

Smash Master
Actually, I'm pretty sure air dodging was proven to do nothing. As olimar, when your're hit away, di to the direction of the stage, and maybe up or down also depending on the trajectory. while doing that, hit the c-stick so you do fair (which i think is his fastest, but frame data would be nice). I don't think quarter circle di is used for living, that's used for getting out of things like aaa combos and such.
Quarter circle DI inputs multiple DI's during hit lag. so instead of JUST DI'ing up, or the the right, you DI BOTH up and right.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Air dodging actually help you regain the ability to jump and slow down your momentum.

Its just that aerials do the same thing and are faster unless you're like Ganon.

Zori

Smash Champion
Uair over fair to survive? Interesting choice. Could you explain. Is using Uair better? I'm actually going to test this sometime soon (when I get time xD)

~Fino

i dunno @_@ i know when im going to be hit, and i di accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom