• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DH Kill Moves?

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Been enjoying Duck Hunt quite a bit, plays in a way that is unique, no real weak or useless moves (Nair is a little underwhelming but that's about it) and just a really fun style.

Problem I'm running into right now is his lack of ways to kill aside from hard read smash attacks, particularly the Usmash. Even sweet spotted aerials and tilts won't kill at 140% on many characters, and the offstage can isn't always reliable.

Thoughts?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Use a dair when your opponent is off stage for a quick spike to the bottom blast zone. Nairs have some ending lag, but make great killing moves. Down-Smash works well as a killer move. Make sure to use tilts into a down-smash/side-smash since those are also quite effective. Be weary that tilt have a considerate amount of knockback, so you'll have to watch where to attack carefully!

RNH

Smash Cadet
Down Smash, Side Smash, and Dtilt work pretty well.

I think his Dair is a spike but I haven't used it much yet, seems pretty fantastic to me.

MooMoo_Cowfreak

Smash Rookie
His dair is a spike if you hit with both hits, if you only hit with the second it doesn't do much knockback. You pretty much need to be right on top of them for it to spike (think Ganon/Captain Falcon's old nipple spike)

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
...their back throw works well.
I don't think so it can set up for off-stage arials but doesn't reach the blastzone unless percentage is really really high, I wanna say over 180% with a middle weight like Mario. Back throw to bair seems plausible...

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I know it's unlikely, but can't the bomb kill as well? It would be cool seeing that.
The can is very kill-able haha. If enemy is approaching from above or being juggled, the can could hop up there and KO them if they were negligent, or pressured towards its route. If it doesn't kill it will just prolong juggling significantly. This is around 120% probly.

Kaiizoku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kaiizoku
3DS FC
2981-5940-8773
I've been mostly using my B-air to kill mostly and most people don't expect it lol but this is around 110-140% though

PKMAXIMO

Smash Rookie
I been testing out things with DHD,

Under 80% your best bet is a minor charge to full charge F-Smash, OR D-Air for the meteor. If they are on magicant the D-air will push them through the ground.

His kit seems to be tailored to keeping people to the edge and off with his projectiles, and then finish them with D-Air because his U-special recovery is much more forgiving than other characters.

Id really like if someone compiled what he can and can't kill with at 80-100-120-140-180 %

Last edited:

PKMAXIMO

Smash Rookie
Allso Nair for me is killing mario at like 140% and higher, not sure i'd call it a kill move...

Can definately isn't great for killing till 170%...

Last edited:

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
I don't see this mentioned a lot in the thread, but for me U-air kills enemies surprisingly often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom