• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deterioration

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
Normally, I would put something like this on the brutally inactive fox boards, but this has plagued me on and off since the game came out with a multitude of characters. Now, however, it has hit full force.

Deterioration.
Around a month ago, I went to a small tourney which was just me and a few friends. I won and I've never played any better. One person in particular I was consistently able to beat in the entire day and in friendlies whenever I saw them up until this point.
But today, and over the past two weeks, I'd pick up the game and may as well have picked Zelda. My three mains (:4fox::4mewtwo::4pit:) all performed terribly. I played online with the person mentioned earlier, who practically destroyed all of them using a majority of the cast. Dark Pit, Bayonetta, Doctor Mario, Falcon, and the list goes on.

As for my playing, I am playing like crap and I find myself missing combos left and right ("ugh that obviously could have been an up air there"), flubbing even the simplest RARs, struggling in the neutral game and often unable to kill, which my mains SHOULD have NO TROUBLE doing.
Have any of you on the boards ever felt this plight, and if so how did you handle it? I beg anyone who reads this to help me out. Thanks.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
You played people in person offline and did well, but then played online and didn't. It could be a number of things, but the simplest answer may be the input lag, which is why I play almost exclusively offline. Is there any way you can play this person offline again to compare?

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Well you could be having a bad day as well. I sometimes have that happen and need take a break for a bit.

Top Bottom