• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Destroyer Tourney

Pedro33

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, this is my first tourney, the DESTROYER tourney so lets try it out, if this go's well I will have one 3 times a month.

RULES
K here are the rules:
1vs1 matches and single elimination
There wll be no items in the whole tournament!
It will be stock 3 and a time limit of 7 min, then in the finals it wll be stock 5 and no time limit.
Have all of the FC's before the tourney begins, I dont wanna wait longer then I have too!
And there is no constint chain grabbing!!!! If the player against u keeps chain grabbing then just disconnect and IM me and I will DQ them.

The tourney will be held on whenever we get 16 people then I will come up with a date that works
Registration will be open until we get the limit of 16 people.
All charcters are allowed
And only these stages are allowed which are:
Are netrual stages such as:
Final Destination and stuff like that.

The messaging system will be over AIM, I willl set up a chat room and please don't invite friends unless there are in the tourney.
If u lie u will never be able to compete in my tourneys again.
If u win IM me on AIM.

Here's the format, if you dont do it right I will take it that u did not read the rules and I will not enter u.

Brawler Name:
Brawler FC:
AIM:

Hope this all goes well!

BRAWLERS: (I will fill in this part daily for all new sign up's)
1. BrawlerName: (Peter), BrawlerFC: (2492-6173-7997), AIM: (SnowbirdHalo)
2.Brawler Name(:))Brawler FC:(2621-2627-3263)AIM: (Failed Att3mpt)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I might join if you pushed the time back till after 7pm eastern, some people have work and school..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hyrule Temple and Bridge of Eldin are not a good idea to have. You can easily chain grab people off the stage on Bridge of Eldin and Hyrule Temple just begs for hit and run tactics. For example, if you are playing as Fox and your opponent is playing as Bowser, it isn't very hard to just spam the lazer, run away when they get close, and then finish them with a spam attack when their % gets high enough. There's a reason why both stages are banned in standard competitive play.

Pedro33

Smash Rookie
Hyrule Temple and Bridge of Eldin are not a good idea to have. You can easily chain grab people off the stage on Bridge of Eldin and Hyrule Temple just begs for hit and run tactics. For example, if you are playing as Fox and your opponent is playing as Bowser, it isn't very hard to just spam the lazer, run away when they get close, and then finish them with a spam attack when their % gets high enough. There's a reason why both stages are banned in standard competitive play.
yes but thats why u have to get good at all the stages to be truly god at the game, and if u can pull off a victory then u are a true brawler, more of a challenge

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yes but thats why u have to get good at all the stages to be truly god at the game, and if u can pull off a victory then u are a true brawler, more of a challenge
... It doesn't take that good of a Dedede to do a 100% chain grab on Bride of Eldin and it certainly doesn't take that good of a Sonic player to play hit and run games with a Ganondorf on Hyrule temple. The skill of the player should determine the outcome of the match, not the stage, which is why stages like that are banned in the first place. Let me ask you this then, why isn't Mario Bros on your list of stages?

: )

Smash Rookie
Brawler Name: :)
Brawler FC: 2621-2627-3263
AIM: Failed Att3mpt

Monday would honestly be a MUCH better day for me than sunday, but I'm pretty sure I can still make this.
And, about the chaingrabbing thing, you said CONSTANT is not allowed. What if I just do it like 4 times with Falco until they're across the stage and then smash them off? That isn't really abuse. It's just 4 grabs.
What's your ruling on that?

And also, Hyrule and Eldin are pretty lame. I'm willing to play there, though.
Granted, the stage doesn't have to be BASIC, but I mean those stages aren't the best choice. Rainbow Cruise would even be more acceptable than Hyrule, and certainly more than Eldin. That's just an example.

Pedro33

Smash Rookie
... It doesn't take that good of a Dedede to do a 100% chain grab on Bride of Eldin and it certainly doesn't take that good of a Sonic player to play hit and run games with a Ganondorf on Hyrule temple. The skill of the player should determine the outcome of the match, not the stage, which is why stages like that are banned in the first place. Let me ask you this then, why isn't Mario Bros on your list of stages?
Thats it I dont care, u know, just enter if u want or leave because I think those levels would be amusing! Just because u can't handle the levels doesn't mean I have to change them!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thats it I dont care, u know, just enter if u want or leave because I think those levels would be amusing! Just because u can't handle the levels doesn't mean I have to change them!
You don't get it; allowing those stages to be legal heavily puts the match in favor of certain characters. I actually have competitive experience and therefore know what I'm talking about. Honestly, do you want people whining about the results of certain matches? For example, it looks like you main Ike. Pit/Falco vs Ike on Bridge of Eldin is almost complete **** for example. I could stand on the far left and spam the arrow/lazer to my heart's content. When you'd finally get close, I could knock you away with a fsmash and then just repeat the process until your percentage was high enough to finish you off. What I could also do is simply grab and bthrow you when you approach and you'd be almost guarenteed dead if you have at least 50%. The main point is that not many people are going to sign up for a tournament that doesn't use the standard stages and counterpicks.

Pedro33

Smash Rookie
You don't get it; allowing those stages to be legal heavily puts the match in favor of certain characters. I actually have competitive experience and therefore know what I'm talking about. Honestly, do you want people whining about the results of certain matches? For example, it looks like you main Ike. Pit/Falco vs Ike on Bridge of Eldin is almost complete **** for example. I could stand on the far left and spam the arrow/lazer to my heart's content. When you'd finally get close, I could knock you away with a fsmash and then just repeat the process until your percentage was high enough to finish you off. What I could also do is simply grab and bthrow you when you approach and you'd be almost guarenteed dead if you have at least 50%. The main point is that not many people are going to sign up for a tournament that doesn't use the standard stages and counterpicks.

Okay whatever I'll change it

Top Bottom