• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Desktop Streaming

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Me and my friend are playing Amnesia The Dark Descent, and maybe Dead Space next, but it's hilarious and i want everyone to watch.

Is there a way to stream my desktop and have the audio from my PC (Windows sounds and mic) and his skype (which i'm assuming will fall under windows sounds) online?

Thanks.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Me and my friend are playing Amnesia The Dark Descent, and maybe Dead Space next, but it's hilarious and i want everyone to watch.

Is there a way to stream my desktop and have the audio from my PC (Windows sounds and mic) and his skype (which i'm assuming will fall under windows sounds) online?

Thanks.
I've had good success with using LiveStream Procaster for this with LHGN events. Not only does it stream it to a viewable online channel, but it also saves a local recording.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnW0uy2OTDk

LS PC is free software.
http://new.livestream.com/

joe.

Smash Cadet
Do i need anything such as a pinnacle or a ... What's the other one. Whatever, a capture card.
Nope. xsplit allows you to grab your whole screen; be it specific regions, or everywhere, you can mix and match with things like overlays, webcams, etc. The main issue is that the game needs to be running in windowed full screen mode, otherwise, if it doesn't have that option, you buy some sort of license. (There are a few options available) I would honestly recommend buying a license over using Flash Media Encoder. It is no where near the quality of xsplit, and much more of a hassle to set up.

Top Bottom