• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Demo tier list?

Which character is best?

• Mario

Votes: 74 38.3%
  • Link

Votes: 36 18.7%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Villager

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • Megaman

Votes: 12 6.2%

• Total voters

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
If you had to call it right now, what would your tier list for the demo be?

Mine would be:
1) Villager
2) Mario
3) Link
4) Megaman
5) Pikachu

EDIT: Guys, this is just for fun.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
If you had to call it right now, what would your tier list for the demo be?

Mine would be:
1) Villager
2) Mario
3) Link
4) Megaman
5) Pikachu
Oh LOL I just started a thread like this without knowing this. Ah oh well.

Mine is:

1) Pikachu
2) Mario
3) Villager
4) Link
5) Megaman

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
The real question you should be asking is in what sense could a demo tier list possibly matter? The real game is out in two weeks, and it's not like there will even be a competitive community for the demo anyway.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
The real question you should be asking is in what sense could a demo tier list possibly matter? The real game is out in two weeks, and it's not like there will even be a competitive community for the demo anyway.
Unless the smash community is that desperate to have some sort of local 1-stock 2-min tournament until the game comes out because it's too hype to wait. XD But I see your point.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Are you guys already trying to make a tier list? The game isn't even out yet in NA! I'm by no means a competitive player, but from what I've read around the boards tier lists takes months to develop. Also a demo tier list would mean next to nothing since when the full game is released the match ups would change completely and a character that is high tier in the demo might be low tier in the game (and a demo low tier might go to a higher tier). We should really let the game release before we even start discussing tier lists.

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
All I can say is, Pikachu is good in my opinion but he doesn't have enough changes compared to the other veterans to make him the best.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
All I can say is, Pikachu is good in my opinion but he doesn't have enough changes compared to the other veterans to make him the best.
He has a few changes. Unfortunately they are all nerfs. It seems like his headbutt move makes him fly farther. But other than that everything about him is either the same or worse. He lacks any kill moves from what I've played of him.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
From my experience of toughest to easiest (as Mega Man :4megaman: against Lvl. 9 CPU).

1. Pikachu. - Likes to run around me in circles. He's also quick enough to close the gap on me if I try to space him out or control air space.
  2. Mario. - That dang Cape. He's also got his projectile to nullify mine while he gets in, and faster Smash attacks that can counter me quickly if I mess up.
  3. Link. - Likes to use his arsenal and shield to block my projectiles, so I'm forced to attack up close and use throws.
  4. Mega Man. - Honestly, I feel I play better than a mirror CPU.
  5. Villager. - Despite his pocket movie, he never beats me in projectiles, and he has plenty of attacks that leave him open.

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I like how you think Villager is the best and your profile pic is someone murdering someone with an axe. :p

K-45

Smash Journeyman
1.Megaman
2.Mario
3.Link
4.Pikachu
5.villager

Villager is the easiest CPU to beat and I suck playing as him. Megaman might be one of my mains I love how he plays like he stuck in the NES days.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
It's just for fun

First impressions type thing

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Right now, I'd say:
1. Mario
2. Villager
3. Pikachu/Link
D+. Megaman

Like OP said, just for lols.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
There is just no hope for poor Pikachu, is there?

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Based on my experience playing with all of them for the past week (I have put way too many hours into a demo with 5 characters and 2 minute matches LOL)

1. Mario
2. Villager/Link
3. Mega Man
4. Pikachu

Pikachu just feels... way worse than Brawl chu in pretty much every way. As far as the demo goes, it feels like he definitely has the most significant landing lag - the rest have amazingly little on most/all, but I really feel it on pikachu's neutral/back/forward AND down airs. I don't think he actually seems really bad, but I do think I find him the "weakest" of the demo characters.

Last edited:

Trout

Smash Rookie
NNID
Troutx
3DS FC
2723-9284-0082
1. Mario
2. Pikachu
3. Mega Man
4. Villager
5. Link

I'd need about a month more of solid play time to give a real response, but this is for lols right? This is based on what I've gathered from the past week of playing around with the demo.

As an aside, I think people are sleeping on Mega Man.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
1. :4link:- Significant upgrades to tilts and little to no landing lag on aerials. + great buffs to throws and his recovery
2. :4mario:- Now a combo MACHINE with uptilt and Uair
3. :4pikachu:- Easiest to combo with, hardest to edgeguard with
4. :4villager:- Quirky character with loads of potential. Strange aerials and odd hitboxes are currently holding him back.
5. :4megaman:- Terrible specials and only situational smashes. Great aerials, but is completely walled by :4link:'s shield.

Last edited:

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
1. Link
2. Pickachu
3. Mario
4.Mega Man
5. Villager

EDIT: WHYS EVERYBODY HATE PICKACHU????

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
1. :4villager: Amazing spacing abilities, the best camping/keep away character and it works so well. I think the reason why people think he is bad is they are not use to his unique playstyle. It is really good.
2. :4pikachu: Good combo game, specials are good, just all around damn good character. Feels just as good as he was in Brawl and I mained him in Brawl so I can tell.
3.:4link: Very good improvement compared to past games. Link is actually kinda good. His Z-air has ZERO thats right ZERO LANDING LAG!!! Granted it's not an amazing move but hell it helps! All around much better, his dash is really good, smash attacks are decent as well.
4.:4mario: I would say he was just as good as Link, has good combo game, aerials are decent, good character.
5.:4megaman: He is Ok... Just ok... Nothing amazing. His KO potential sucks though which is sad since his Down Smash in 2013 did like 50% damage LOL! What a nerf but, he could be better I guess.

Khao

Smash Lord
Dunno about best and worst, but in my hands:

1. Link - I just know this guy well, he's been one of my mains in pretty much every game, and he's just most improved now.

2. Mario - Dude just feels right, his moves just flow together perfectly. Also, it's strangely easier to connect his fair offstage than in previous games for some reason.

3. Mega Man - I thought I would be freaking terrible with this guy. But he's awesome. Still kinda fail to do stuff I want most times, though I'm getting there.

4. Pikachu - Never been good with this guy. He's good, just not my style.

5. Villager - Still trying to figure this guy out, he's just ****ing weird and I can't.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
1.:4villager:He's very good at forcing the opponent to make commitments and then punishing them for it. He's got some very nice tools for chasing the opponent once he's got them either in the air or offstage.
2.:4link:He's got great range and projectiles, good kill power and survivability, and decent mobility. He's a solid character with few weaknesses.
3.:4mario:A good offensive character who can combo, gimp, and kill, though his recovery feels a bit disappointing compared to the rest of the cast.
4.:4pikachu:Super fast with tons of combo potential and great recovery, but held back a bit by his light weight and lack of kill power.
5.:4megaman:He can't really combo much at all and most of his kill options are inconsistent. He's not terrible, but it feels like it requires just a bit more work to win with him than the other characters.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Villager is looking pretty amazing, definitely beyond what I anticipated. Mario and Link are pretty average, but better than their Brawl incarnations. Pikachu feels awkward, but I think that may be controls more than anything. Mega Man is hugely disappointing. I'm just not seeing that much potential in him yet.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
...Sooo am I the only one here that thinks :4megaman: is fantastic? Do his ranged F-Smash, easy-to-land meteor smash, 8-directional piercing projectile and the ability to KO enemies at low %'s from the top of the screen mean nothing?

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I feel like Pikachu may be top 2 in the demo, kind of surprised people don't think he is any good. Only one air attack has low lag being F-air, however that's all you really need in the neutral. It's fairly safe on block if spaced well and converts into easy combos with u-tilts>u-airs>aerial of choice. The fact that he has such an easy hit confirm tool is pretty big. On top of that he has good mobility, a decent projectile, a very powerful up smash, low profile, and great recovery. Only flaw imo is his low damage output, but if you're the guy getting all the hits that damage will rack up eventually.

Treece

Smash Cadet
1. Mario - He is so buffed up in terms of speed, damage and just overall. Sure, he is 'average' but in the demo he is so flexible. He has pretty much everything, save for a horizontal recovery. He can reflect, spike, grab into a combo and almost instant moves that he just can dominate any situation.

2. Villager - His slingshot is pretty much OP, if you can master it. Once you have the opponent outside the stage, all he has so many options it's pretty much a point to him. He also has incredible recovery, incredible but hard to land smash and just amazing down tilt. But anywhere else is fairly lacklustre in that he is floaty, dies at low percentage and susceptible to spikes.

3. Pikachu - He has changed a lot from previous generations. His moves feel nerfed, but it's more of different utility. Thunder is not used for KO unless you are directly by Pikachu, but for spikes when edge guarding. His landing lag is non-existent. His smash doesn't kill save for high percentages but overall a good combo character.

4. Megaman - To be honest, the demo doesn't do justice for this character. He is all about staying away from the opponent and just annoy them to death. His down B is atrocious and his normal attacks takes some time to get used to. But he is a VERY good character, just not in timed matches. I can see him being very good at stock, thus it's why I put him higher than Link

5. Link - This is just being nit picky, really. Link is just great. He has been buffed considerably to the point that I want to play as him now. It's just that the other characters are better than him but only by a strand of hair.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
...Sooo am I the only one here that thinks :4megaman: is fantastic? Do his ranged F-Smash, easy-to-land meteor smash, 8-directional piercing projectile and the ability to KO enemies at low %'s from the top of the screen mean nothing?
Join the club, I think Megaman is great.

Berrial

Smash Cadet
I definitely feel like Villager has many great options, and is by far the most fun character, alongside with Mario, here's my current (biased) tier list:

1/2) Villager:4villager:: Great kill power, great camping potential, and a great harrasser, he is overall good in ever aspect and can combo pretty nice, also his down B is simply amazing, he can keep the tree small to have his water bucket which ignores small projectiles and keep the axe for another amazing kill move.

1/2) Mario:4mario:: Has a great combo game, many options, and a solid character. Mario can adapt to nearly any environment with his move-set that is pretty much made for every situation. A fantastic character.

3) Link:4link:: Link is an overall good character, he had some of his moves buffed, and has a great projectile game, his arrows are also kill moves. Good character.

4) Pikachu:4pikachu:: To be honest, Pikachu feels somewhat clunky, i never got used to the feel of him, it feels so much more different than in other games, even though he has the same move-set, but nonetheless, a good combo character, but a lack of kill moves.

5) Mega-man:4megaman:: He just overall feels, terrible. His Down-B is suicide, His aerials have a HUGE landing lag, his nair in not very reliable, his up-smash is pretty good, and so is his up air. most of his moves are different than any other character.
It could just be me not being used to him, but he just feels overall terrible to be honest.

I'm not sure whether Mario or Villager should be at the top.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
1. :4mario: Combos, good throws, smooth speed, and a reliable spike. Not to mention the cape is awesome, Mario just feels so right and comfortable.
2. :4link: Got an awesome buff, feels really good and hits hard! His running attack is great here as well and his recovery got an improvement.
3. :4pikachu: Fast and still able to dish out pain, recovery works fairly well if you can manage to make it work and I love his ariel moves!
4. :4megaman: A little strange because most of his moves seem to be ranged, but has some good kill potential and a ranged spike, which is cool too. Back air, down air, side smash, and up tilt is good. His down smash and down special leaves much to be desired, though.
5. :4villager: I just don't get this guy, honestly. I can see other people using him well, but maybe I just can't..and any CPUs or friends I go against with this guy with destroyed. His moveset just feels so oddly uncomfortable and I can barely play him. His recovery is crazy stupid, though.

Top Bottom