• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleting DLC Removes Mewtwo from All-Star

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity I decided to delete my DLC file in the file menu for Smash Bros. and sure enough I can still save, but Mewtwo is no longer there. This'll help keeping the difficulty and since the DLC file really small, it's very simple to redownload.

Tutorial
1. Go to the Wii U Menu.
2. Go to System Settings (The wrench icon.)
3. Scroll to the second option and click "Data Management".
4. Click Copy/Move/Delete Data
5. Click System Memory
6. Click Super Smash Bros.
7. Select the "Downloadable Content" file and delete it.

Now you can do All-Star without Mewtwo!

I imagine this is gonna also work for future characters as well so it's definitely useful for the future.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you know if this will have any impact on the DLC trophies? If so, you might have to reunlock Mewtwo's fighter trophies if you do delete Mewtwo from your DLC data, and then redownload it.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Out of curiosity, why would one want to do All-Stars without Mewtwo? That was one of the first things I did when I got him. Classic -> Some friendly Mewtwo dittos -> All Stars -> For Glory.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Out of curiosity, why would one want to do All-Stars without Mewtwo? That was one of the first things I did when I got him. Classic -> Some friendly Mewtwo dittos -> All Stars -> For Glory.
The OP means deleting Mewtwo for the sake of omitting him from the All-Star line up. So it's a bit easier to do All-Star with all of the other characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The OP means deleting Mewtwo for the sake of omitting him from the All-Star line up. So it's a bit easier to do All-Star with all of the other characters.
Pretty much this. If Mewtwo is on the All-Star mode roster, you'll be making the following challenges harder on yourself...
  • Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with all the characters.
  • Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on normal or higher while playing as Captain Falcon without healing between rounds.
  • Clear the true Solo All-Star mode within 6 minutes while playing as Jigglypuff.
  • Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on hard while playing as Duck Hunt.
  • Clear the true Solo All-Star mode within 6 minutes while playing as Shulk.
  • Clear the true All-Star mode on normal difficulty or higher without healing between rounds.
  • Clear the true Solo All-Star mode without recovering health between rounds while playing as Zero Suit Samus.
  • Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with 8 or more characters.
  • Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on hard while playing as Ike.
  • Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty.
If you remove your DLC data, Mewtwo will be removed from the All-Star mode roster, which will put less pressure on those who have yet to complete the harder All-Star mode challenges.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Does your records with the DLC characters get removed as well if you remove them?

I'd imagine so, but still.....

Last edited:

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much this. If Mewtwo is on the All-Star mode roster, you'll be making the following challenges harder on yourself...
  • Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with all the characters.
It might be worth noting that I think any challenges with "all characters", "every fighter", etc in the description don't include DLC chars. Just the other day I cleared the "See every fighter's final smash" challenge, but I haven't seen Mewtwo's yet (I also looked at my fighter records to verify this).

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Eh, 1 more character is no big deal. I mean, if 1 character really makes a significant difference then be my guest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eh, 1 more character is no big deal. I mean, if 1 character really makes a significant difference then be my guest.
It actually "does" make a difference, especially for Jigglypuff's and Shulk's challenges. They both only have 6 minutes, and Mewtwo's inclusion is a time killer for them.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, it doesn't bother me but eh. It's interesting to see what would happen if you delete the DLC I guess.

I thought it would tell you that your game is out of date or something.

D

Deleted member

Do you know if this will have any impact on the DLC trophies? If so, you might have to reunlock Mewtwo's fighter trophies if you do delete Mewtwo from your DLC data, and then redownload it.
Just confirmed that if you delete the DLC, your trophy doesn't appear, but if you redownload it, it still remains unlocked! So good news!

Does your records with the DLC characters get removed as well if you remove them?

I'd imagine so, but still.....
Just confirmed by deleting the DLC and checking that you do keep your and stats! :kirbymelee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just confirmed that if you delete the DLC, your trophy doesn't appear, but if you redownload it, it still remains unlocked! So good news!

Just confirmed by deleting the DLC and checking that you do keep your and stats! :kirbymelee:

That's good to know. Guess I'll remove the DLC characters for a bit at some point when I feel like tackling certain All-Star mode challenges.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
This is important because it will probably apply to all future DLC as well. Once there are 3 or 4 extra characters, it really will matter.

Top Bottom