• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted Character from SSB > SSBM > SSBB (Please Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalAngelic

Smash Rookie
Hmm... after looking at this list... I want the beta version of Melee. It would be so hard to find though.

Sanji3000

Smash Rookie
Interesting, seems that Baloon Fighter, Excite Biker, etc may have no been in the beta but considered at least. Kind of makes it unlikely that they will make it into Brawl because the ideas seem to be shot down for reasons. Although Brawl's new features such as ariel combat makes some of those choices much more likely.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Interesting, seems that Baloon Fighter, Excite Biker, etc may have no been in the beta but considered at least. Kind of makes it unlikely that they will make it into Brawl because the ideas seem to be shot down for reasons. Although Brawl's new features such as ariel combat makes some of those choices much more likely.
It is funny to see ExciteBike finally made his way in Brawl as Assist Trophy which is not expected. I thought ExciteBike would be forgotten character like Devil. >_>

Smash Ace
I thought Wario was supposed to be in SSB64 but was dropped same reason as b00zer

SmashFi3nd

Smash Apprentice
it would b real cool to play the beta version of melee wit baloon fighter and pit, but still i think balloon fighter is getting in brawl, king dedede is getting and brawl, and ridley and sonic. maaaaybe sukapon and takamaru, but other than tht i really dont think no1 else from tht list will get in brawl

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well due to the fact that Brawl has been getting developed for about 2 years now, and Sakurai is in charge, chances are every character he wants in it will be included. He already knows who he wants in, so he'll have been implementing them from the start.

And Mach Rider and Excite Bike are from two completely different games!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ugh. Seriously, rethink the way you made the list. They weren't dropped. Saying they were dropped implies they were actually in. They were just concidered, and even then, not for long. You're making it sound like they were going to have 50 characters or so when they were just going "Who's an old character...excitebike? Nah...."

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well it makes sense that Ridley, Wolf and Goroh were "Dropped", why? Well i dunno about Wolf, but they couldn't even animate Ridley's tail, and i guess Goroh was going to be made a Cap'n Falcon clone, but since the Sword Ganondorf idea was scrapped and he was made a clone, Goroh was dropped.

About Wolf... well who knows.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Well, they've definetly took their time. This game has about 3x as much development time then the last. Expect GREAT things.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Sheik is not even a character, its zelda's form of defense against ganon. To remove this would be wrong, the reason why she did not transform in tp was because she was offguard.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Honestly this list is kind of lacking. For one there's no labeling. Some of these were confirmed. Some are basically just rumors.
Secondly "Deleted characters" suggests there were actual beginnings to all these characters. For example from interviews we could determine that Ridley has never actually really worked on besides as a boss. In fact Sakurai said they could probably figure him out if they really wanted to and he'd be hard to make. So calling Ridley "deleted" is just... apparently false. It was a character they considered that didn't seem to make it anywhere beyond the drawing board. Saying "dropped due to time limitations" really isn't truth and doesn't adequately describe the situation.

I'd wager that most of the true ones on this list didn't make it much of anywhere and couldn't actually be described as "deleted" or anything.

And also, again, some of these have no reliable source. IMO all of these needs the sources clearly identified too.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Honestly this list is kind of lacking. For one there's no labeling. Some of these were confirmed. Some are basically just rumors.
Secondly "Deleted characters" suggests there were actual beginnings to all these characters. For example from interviews we could determine that Ridley has never actually really worked on besides as a boss. In fact Sakurai said they could probably figure him out if they really wanted to and he'd be hard to make. So calling Ridley "deleted" is just... apparently false. It was a character they considered that didn't seem to make it anywhere beyond the drawing board. Saying "dropped due to time limitations" really isn't truth and doesn't adequately describe the situation.

I'd wager that most of the true ones on this list didn't make it much of anywhere and couldn't actually be described as "deleted" or anything.

And also, again, some of these have no reliable source. IMO all of these needs the sources clearly identified too.
Ughh, I kept see this thread getting bumped. My OP don't really meant anything now since most of information were just rumors. Please let my thread rest in peace.

I don't know why it deserved to be bump after 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom