• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delete me, and other crappy threads here. =(

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I'm having some trouble with my bros Gdorf. Side-B is fast and can't be shielded, and is really hard to dodge/roll efectively. The best option to deal with it is to jump over, but he can also mix it up with Fair and Usmash if you try. I can hop over for a Bair in his back if Ganon tries Side-B, but the other options leave me open since DK doesn't have a fast forward hitting aerial I can drop into Ganon. You can jab/tilt Ganon out of Side-B too, but often it's too quick and I get grabbed before I can stuff it.

This is a problem for DK because, at least so far, I haven't been able to find a reliable approach, and if Ganon plays defensive this is a tough fight. Ganon does have short range on a lot of moves, but side-B is an exception. A whiffed DK f-tilt/d-tilt and Ganon gets a free side-B, jab combo. I'm not sure if Ganon blocks either tilt if he gets it for free or not. Aerial approach with B-air is probably your best bet.

Ganon can actually mix up his recovery decently with Up-B and Side-B. Side-B is hard to get a spike on because it's quick and completely horizontal.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you see a forward b coming jump and dodge straight up and then do dair to uptilt to uair.

oh, and kyle there is SA frames on Dk's fair I just recorded a match with it showing be getting faired by yoshi and it doesn't move me. its during the spike part I think

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... well Ganon is very single strike, so try Spot dodging or using SA on grounded upB. About his recovery, I want you to do this, jump at him forcing him to make a decision, than once he starts moving from his upB/sideB, DK can jump backwards and out of the way. At the spot he can effectively punish Ganon upB with DK's Fair(CLOWNair) or Ganon's sideB with Dair.

BTW- If you jump at Ganon and he air dodges, just Dair him right there.

@Ripple- Check other thread.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
play it safe and stay your distance most people won't spam lasers now that you can't move while shooting them. watch out for side b also

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I still have trouble againts zelda but when they use side b you can use an attack to negate theirs but not every move does this so you'll have to experiment.
against ROB, I like to play aggressive so they don't shoot lasers or charge a top, but I not really to sure, this just works for me. take them to battlefield as a counter

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey kyle do you want me to take over this thread? you're not updating it and I agree with mikeQM. you even said you're busy and don't have the time to manage like 5 threads in here. I'll take some of the burden off you

mikeQUESTIONMARK

Smash Rookie
hey kyle do you want me to take over this thread? you're not updating it and I agree with mikeQM. you even said you're busy and don't have the time to manage like 5 threads in here. I'll take some of the burden off you
If that's cool with both of you, I'd like to help as well.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
its fine with me. what chacters do you're friends play? start analyzing their character and weaknesses and post them

mikeQUESTIONMARK

Smash Rookie
My friends use characters like Dedede, Ganondorf, Link/Toon Link, Luigi, Shiek, Ice Climbers, Ike, Olimar, and Marth. I'll start making mental notes and forming paragraphs, but right now I'm tired and need sleep, haha.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Ripple please do.

Because I have the first post I can copy and paste your stuff or once you get stuff written up start a new thread where you get the first post and I'll have this one deleted. =)

ROB Owns me.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll just start a new one so its easier to manage for me.

olimar IMO is dk's worst matchup

mikeQUESTIONMARK

Smash Rookie
I'll just start a new one so its easier to manage for me.

olimar IMO is dk's worst matchup
Really? I was just playing an Olimar with my DK, and it didn't seem that hard to me. But, this Olimar threw a lot of Pikmin at me. While they're doing that, walk forward and take your time. The damage will slowly rack up, but jab to get rid of those pesky dickheads. Then, when you edge yourself close enough, catch them off guard with a forward tilt, and from there combo the little sucker in the air. The main point of the match is to just make sure Olimar doesn't get any momentum. If you see him dashing in, don't think twice about F-Tilting or D-Smashing. Let him rack up as much damage as he wants with his Pikmin, as long as you make sure he doesn't physically attack you, you're set.
Also, stay away from laggy moves that would leave you right next to Olimar. If you're open next to an Olimar, he will up-smash, and he will kill you.

The arial battles are very important. Try to fake the Olimar out with your hitboxes, considering all of his arials are VERY close range, and DK has Short-Mid range attacks. Usually, he'll out-prioritize you, but when you hit him, make sure you keep hitting him.

Don't be afraid to edge-hog. It will always help.

This is all that I've gathered from Olimars so far. Any additions/disagreements are welcome and will be considered. :)

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Better Knockback, range, speed and descent recovery if you don't mash it and only do 1 or two reps. Pikmin & Olimar can not deal with downB, this forces him to go aerial and DK air game > Olimar air game.... DK Wins.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Ike is so slow and single strike that he is very vulnerable to Shields and SA frames. Run in than Parry his attack, Punish according to damage. Grounded upB is amazing in this fight b/c of the SA frames. DK can not mess with IKE's ledge tricks of upB. He has almost complete SA. downB is pretty effective, as well as jumping sideB to wiff and punish his jab combo that he ALWAYS does on this inside.

Dedede is SOO easy, Filt all his projectiles as you approach him, than range him with downB, when he rolls to you, Fsmash the S*** out of him. React to projectiles as you don't want to Ftilt a Guordo. =/

Top Bottom