• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delays or nah?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Speaking of cut characters in Brawl:
Roy, Mewtwo, Plusle and Minun, Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik (maybe Tetra?), and I've heard rumours about Dixie Kong and Doctor Mario.

There's your list, folks! If only they'd delayed that game just a little longer to finish SSE and get these characters rolling. I would've played the **** out of Toon Zelda and Plusle & Minun.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Speaking of cut characters in Brawl:
Roy, Mewtwo, Plusle and Minun, Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik (maybe Tetra?), and I've heard rumours about Dixie Kong and Doctor Mario.

There's your list, folks! If only they'd delayed that game just a little longer to finish SSE and get these characters rolling. I would've played the **** out of Toon Zelda and Plusle & Minun.
I know right! I got a feeling she just would have been a clone. -_-

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I know right! I got a feeling she just would have been a clone. -_-
I dunno, I think clone-ish characters can still be pretty cool if done right. I was thinking Toon Zelda would probably be a more athletic and physically-powerful Zelda, in exchange for slower and shorter-range (but more damaging) special moves and lower damage and knockback on her magic-based normals. In particular, FAir/BAIr/DAir would've had weaker sweetspots but do more damage and knockback on the sourspot. Tetra would've probably been completely unique from Sheik though, and also probably pretty awesome.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I dunno, I think clone-ish characters can still be pretty cool if done right. I was thinking Toon Zelda would probably be a more athletic and physically-powerful Zelda, in exchange for slower and shorter-range (but more damaging) special moves and lower damage and knockback on her magic-based normals. In particular, FAir/BAIr/DAir would've had weaker sweetspots but do more damage and knockback on the sourspot. Tetra would've probably been completely unique from Sheik though, and also probably pretty awesome.
Oh of course! Lol Tetra and sheik is a no no so that would have been unique unless that practically found a way to make her a clone as well, but I doubt that. I rather have tetra over toon zelra anyday. Tetra is my Midna in the cel-shaded games, I loved them both so much.

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
I don't mind the delays if it means the game will improve. However, if they don't release it before Christmas, expect the Wii U to be failure from a sales standpoint. Patches are to be expected in the game so it will fix the game easily post-release, making it a non-viable solution to delay it after Winter '14 if they want to garner sales for the Wii U.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I don't want a delay. Unlike Brawl, it doesn't really matter if they don't implement everything at once. In Brawl, the game had to be 100% complete at launch. But thse days, we have our friend named DLC. Release the game so we don't have to wait, and if there are characters, stages and patches you want to release, just add it in a free DLC. This way, the game can stay alive even longer, too, as people will get excited for new DLCs in the future.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
You mean roy and mewtwo were cut because the game was rushed? @ random post in here?

Wow they shoulda just delayed it more. D<

With that in mind, no brainer that delays making a game good is way better than getting an early game that could've been better.
The problem I see with it is if it keeps getting delayed, they could keep finding more things to add that could cause it to delay further. I feel with DLC being possible now (from what I'ver heard at least, do not know if that's true or not) that the game should focus on launching, adding to it afterwards.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If it means to get the game as perfect as it can get, then it's alright to delay it.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
The problem I see with it is if it keeps getting delayed, they could keep finding more things to add that could cause it to delay further. I feel with DLC being possible now (from what I'ver heard at least, do not know if that's true or not) that the game should focus on launching, adding to it afterwards.
If there was really enough things wrong with the game that it would be delayed past people's patience or hype. Then it's no game vs a super long wait.... which makes me thing of Final Fantasy 15... And man I waited so long for Twilight Princess that I forgot Zelda games even exist, and was not really blown away when finally playing it either, which kinda killed a lot of my Zelda fanaticism...

But I don't see that happening to Smash 4 where the game already looks finished, any delays would have to be a last minute add-in that they thought would REALLY be worth a delay. Or polish/bug fixing(which is basically what they said about Wii-U version not haveing a release date yet, otherwise it apparently should be same game as 3DS version, I don't see why some people are making it sound like it'll have a lot more. @_@;;;

If anything with how I also heard he ONLY wanted to do a 3DS version, it kind of makes me wonder if the Wii-U version is just a port with different 3D models/super enhanced graphics. I can see how that would make it hard to release both games at the same time, may as well send out the one that's finished first and make extra money by having the "lesser"(emphasis on the quotes on "lesser") version only be available first.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I don't mind the delays if it means the game will improve. However, if they don't release it before Christmas, expect the Wii U to be failure from a sales standpoint. Patches are to be expected in the game so it will fix the game easily post-release, making it a non-viable solution to delay it after Winter '14 if they want to garner sales for the Wii U
Yup.
Releasing it after december would be a catactrophe for the already hurt WiiU

Top Bottom