• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delayed KO Punch - Glitch?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

So I saw this, and I can't find any recent mentions of it...but this is kinda weird.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Did some messing around with this. Seems that it's caused by landing during the active frames of aerial KO Punch - the hitboxes aren't removed and stay for the entire animation. Unfortunately it's the air version of the punch, so it's not very useful.

Interesting find nonetheless.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Did some messing around with this. Seems that it's caused by landing during the active frames of aerial KO Punch - the hitboxes aren't removed and stay for the entire animation. Unfortunately it's the air version of the punch, so it's not very useful.

Interesting find nonetheless.
What if this was combined with the aerial-buffered KO punch tho?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you start KO Punch in the air and land during the startup, you get the grounded KO Punch.

If you start KO Punch in the air and land during the active frames, you get the air KO Punch with the glitched hitbox.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you start KO Punch in the air and land during the startup, you get the grounded KO Punch.

If you start KO Punch in the air and land during the active frames, you get the air KO Punch with the glitched hitbox.
Well the aerial attack buffered KO punch, can do the grounded KO punch in the air, right? (as far as I understand it)

So if this could be mixed with the aerial buffered KO punch it'd make it a lingering KO box :O

Deadzombie

Smash Rookie
you got really lucky basically. He rolled into the active hitboxes of what was left of the KO punch. Had this happen to me at 120 and I flipped

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Well the aerial attack buffered KO punch, can do the grounded KO punch in the air, right? (as far as I understand it)

So if this could be mixed with the aerial buffered KO punch it'd make it a lingering KO box :O
The aerial buffered KO punch does not give you the grounded punch. It does give you a bit of a boost forward (similar to the grounded punch) but it is still just an aerial KO punch that covers more distance.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The aerial buffered KO punch does not give you the grounded punch. It does give you a bit of a boost forward (similar to the grounded punch) but it is still just an aerial KO punch that covers more distance.
Doesn't it send flying as if it was a grounded KO punch tho? O.o

If not, laaaame xD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yes, but it doesn't doesn't do as much damage or knockback.
So is it an aerial KO punch with a boost forward, or is the damage and knockback in between the regular KO punch and aerial KO punch?

Cuz I saw it kill people in the video O.o

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
So is it an aerial KO punch with a boost forward, or is the damage and knockback in between the regular KO punch and aerial KO punch?

Cuz I saw it kill people in the video O.o
It has the same damage and kockback as an aerial KO punch. But it has the forward momentum of a grounded KO punch.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It has the same damage and kockback as an aerial KO punch. But it has the forward momentum of a grounded KO punch.
Wow...thats....pretty useless.

Im not sure at what percentages aerial KO punch KOs, but I know it must be over 100%

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Wow...thats....pretty useless.

Im not sure at what percentages aerial KO punch KOs, but I know it must be over 100%
Well it allows your aerial KO punch to cover more distance, making it a much larger threat in the air. So it's not entirely useless.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Well it allows your aerial KO punch to cover more distance, making it a much larger threat in the air. So it's not entirely useless.
Huh...I didn't know that. Did you test this yourself, or do you have a video that you could show me to back this up? Not that I doubt you, but I'm sure that in the video I saw before it acted as a grounded K.O. punch. Sadly, I can't find the video atm >< I might test this out a bit to make sure there is no way for it to work.

Also, what are you doing here Power Hungry Fool! We don't want no stinkin lasers 'round here! ;P

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Again, if you land during the startup frames you get the grounded punch. If you land on (just before?) the active frames you get this weird lingering aerial punch. You can definitely get the forward boost into a landing grounded KO Punch.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Huh...I didn't know that. Did you test this yourself, or do you have a video that you could show me to back this up? Not that I doubt you, but I'm sure that in the video I saw before it acted as a grounded K.O. punch. Sadly, I can't find the video atm >< I might test this out a bit to make sure there is no way for it to work.

Also, what are you doing here Power Hungry Fool! We don't want no stinkin lasers 'round here! ;P
A buffered KO punch acts the same as an aerial KO punch, meaning if you land during the startup frames you will get a grounded punch. However; buffering an aerial punch and then not landing during it will still result in a crappy aerial KO punch.

SOURCE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGtkJ9TL4v4

I know other characters besides ROB, ya silly goose.

Top Bottom